RIP William P Blatty

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Yeah, yeah. I know. Well, my guess is if it were not for The Exorcist soundtrack - Mike Oldfield "may" not have had the international success that he had. But, who knows...

Tubular Bells totally made this movie so frightening and was fitting to a very disturbing story. :yikes

RIP william...

I met Bill in 1979 in Los Angeles at a sneak preview for "The Ninth Configuration," a film he mortgaged his $2 million mansion to help finance. This was probably its first screening for a paying audience, and he was nervous. I had a nice chat with him before he had to go face the music. That was the first time I ever saw a rich and famous person being nervous. Poor guy.

Just to keep this in the SS vein, can you guess what the main feature was?

The 70mm six-track stereo re-release of The Exorcist.

I met Bill in 1979 in Los Angeles at a sneak preview for "The Ninth Configuration," a film he mortgaged his $2 million mansion to help finance. This was probably its first screening for a paying audience, and he was nervous. I had a nice chat with him before he had to go face the music. That was the first time I ever saw a rich and famous person being nervous. Poor guy.

Just to keep this in the SS vein, can you guess what the main feature was?

The 70mm six-track stereo re-release of The Exorcist.

I had heard from a few the Ninth Configuration originally had multi-channel release, but all video releases have been mono. Do you have any recollections of the audio as heard at the preview?

I had heard from a few the Ninth Configuration originally had multi-channel release, but all video releases have been mono. Do you have any recollections of the audio as heard at the preview?

It was mono, and we were surprised -- especially when later theatrical releases were stereo.
I think there might even have been a 70mm edition.

According to IMDb, the original 118-min director's cut released on DVD was mono while the 112-min theatrical release by Warners was stereo. I must have seen the former.

Yeah, yeah. I know. Well, my guess is if it were not for The Exorcist soundtrack - Mike Oldfield "may" not have had the international success that he had. But, who knows...

Tubular Bells totally made this movie so frightening and was fitting to a very disturbing story. :yikes

RIP william...

It was a scary film, not helped by on one night a whole load of us were watching it on a rented VHS video after the pub, at the head rotating bit the video jammed, one of the girls in the room screamed and 9 or 10 other people leapt into the air as a result.....then the power went out :yikes

It was a scary film, not helped by on one night a whole load of us were watching it on a rented VHS video after the pub, at the head rotating bit the video jammed, one of the girls in the room screamed and 9 or 10 other people leapt into the air as a result.....then the power went out :yikes

haha - that's awesome. Well, my oldest brother snuck me into this movie way back in the day and I was mortified. I was 11 years old!

Back