Prince: Purple Rain music video's x 4. Any good?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woody

500 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Hi All,

Permission up front to give me a good bashing, by mashing up your keyboard fingers with expletives if this is already adequately covered elsewhere. (In my defence I will note that I conducted a search and couldn't find a direct answer.)

I note that the blu-ray release (which by the way can be bought for a measly $10AUD- if you combine it with similar titles at JB-Hifi), contains x4 MTV video's.

If anyone owns this can they confirm whether they are stereo, or Surround?

If they are surround are they sounding like upmixes?

If they are discrete goodness then they make this purchase a no-brainer. Just sayin....

Using a direct concluding quotation from the 2016 release:
"Warner's initial Blu-ray wasn't bad, but the new version is a more vivid and faithful experience and highly recommended."

No direct comment though if the music video's are 2.0 or 5.1. My perspective on this is purely 5.1 audio. I don't care what it looks like.

I can't speak for the 2016 Blu-Ray release of "Purple Rain" (because I don't have it) but on the original Blu-Ray release of "Purple Rain" that I have, the videos are all in stereo.

I love that Purple Blu-Ray case

161525_medium.jpg

Back