4 mono .wav playback STOCKHAUSEN

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QuantumGuitar

Hey, so I'm sure this has been discussed here before (feel free to point me in the right direction), but I'm looking for some help playing back some surround sound discs.
So I recently purchased from The Stockhausen Foundation for Music digital copies of the surround sound tapes of Kontakte and Gesang Der Junglinge stored as 4 separate mono .wav (LF RF LR RR) files on two separate DVDs along with surround setup test audio in the same format on each. I would love to be able to burn these to a DVD that my PS3 and/or Oppo would be capable of playing back, however my previous efforts proved that doing that for free was more difficult than I expected, and I was unsuccessful in getting playback on my PS3. I'd also be willing to have computer based playback to my receiver via HDMI if necessary, though hard copies are always better! Any help would be appreciated! I'd also like to mention that I am hoping to do this for free!
Thanks!

Last edited:
I know many people on here know how to do this, so please help! I bought these recordings for my girlfriend for Christmas 2015 and still haven't been able to make it happen! Help a young female Stockhausen fan (Which are definitely few and far between, lucky me!) have her dreams come true!
Thanks again in advance!

Do you have a Mac or a PC? Can your Oppo play multichannel flac? Are you comfortable with the command line?

Back