Dutton Vocalion Surround SACD Orders Sent by Royal Mail & Ascendia

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are they outstanding - as if the master tapes have not aged a day?

if I may just jump in briefly to say while I didn't know the Euphrates River album from a hole in the wall, I'd become v.familiar with the Tower Of Power Quad thru falling in love with the SQ LP the last 18 months-ish of SQ madness and having heard both the SQ in decent nick (after 3 attempts, LPs 1 & 2 = atrocious quality) and the Q8 (converted by the best of the best) I can wholeheartedly say the SACD (while I've no idea if its anything like the master tapes) is a triumph imho and sounds wonderful = its got the Q8 discrete surround with superior sound to the Q8 or SQ.

edit: I'll add (I nearly posted to this effect in the Poll thread itself but hesitated since its a Poll) I am rather disappointed by the lacklustre response in the Poll for the Tower Of Power SACD (apart from my own opinion that 6's & 7's seem a bit low for a release that's a splendid sounding reissue of a Quad that's been out of print for 40 years and can be readily found at a bargain price but if people really dislike the music/mix that much, there you go..) anyway I hope as U.S. QQ members' DV order packages are finally starting to arrive more people here will contribute and vote in the Tower Of Power SACD Poll and hopefully balance out the votes somewhat cos right now its kinda looking like a pretty mediocre release and imho it is anything but that, its superb.

Well - my most recent purchase arrived just now...and by chance I was home and I had to sign to receive it. What up with that? Will all shipments from them be this way?

ABFCE014-07CA-44D0-86A8-3513C4990D93.jpg

Well - my most recent purchase arrived just now...and by chance I was home and I had to sign to receive it. What up with that? Will all shipments from them be this way?

ABFCE014-07CA-44D0-86A8-3513C4990D93.jpg

I guess so, Gene. Mine was sent Royal Mail registered so as I was NOT home to receive the package (consisting of 12 SACDs in two separate envelopes), I had to go to the local Post Office the next day to pick them up.

I'm still awaiting delivery of the 5 D~V Classical QUAD SACDs which QQ posters in England already have.

Deliveries from CDJapan take about a month to receive (I do not pay extra for expedited shipping) but I could care less since I have such a backlog of music/movies (DVRed & Otherwise) to catch up on, I certainly have enough media to keep me occupied.

So, at least you finally have them in your possession and hopefully can enjoy them as much as I did (although I, personally, wasn't thrilled with some of my choices).

I guess so, Gene. Mine was sent Royal Mail registered so as I was NOT home to receive the package (consisting of 12 SACDs in two separate envelopes), I had to go to the local Post Office the next day to pick them up.

I'm still awaiting delivery of the 5 D~V Classical QUAD SACDs which QQ posters in England already have.

Deliveries from CDJapan take about a month to receive (I do not pay extra for expedited shipping) but I could care less since I have such a backlog of music/movies (DVRed & Otherwise) to catch up on, I certainly have enough media to keep me occupied.

So, at least you finally have them in your possession and hopefully can enjoy them as much as I did (although I, personally, wasn't thrilled with some of my choices).

I wonder if it's because I paid extra for tracking? Maybe the normal flat fee doesn't have to be signed for...?? My first 2 purchases from early December are without tracking.

I popped in Mancini/Severinsen and I'm very pleased. :) (Brass, Ivory & Strings/Brass On Ivory)

I wonder if it's because I paid extra for tracking? Maybe the normal flat fee doesn't have to be signed for...?? My first 2 purchases from early December are without tracking.

I popped in Mancini/Severinsen and I'm very pleased. :) (Brass, Ivory & Strings/Brass On Ivory)

The Mancini/Severinsen is an excellent disc. The newer Mancini Country not so great [meh, IMO]. If you want to dabble in classical I would highly recommend the Kostelanetz two~fer Music of Spain/Music of Villa Lobos disc which I find extraordinary and Rózsa conducts Rózsa which to my ears sounds more like his rousing film scores from those old Hollywood Classics.

All in all, those D~V two~fers are virtual bargains and even with D~V's slight price increase, represent a bang for the buck!

Realistically speaking, at this juncture, D~V combined with Michael Dutton's superb remastering/remixing, is probably our ONLY hope of ever seeing these classic RCA/Columbia QUADs EVER again and if sales are robust, hopefully D~V will shoot them out before the window closes on physical disc replication.

The Mancini/Severinsen is an excellent disc. The newer Mancini Country not so great [meh, IMO]. If you want to dabble in classical I would highly recommend the Kostelanetz two~fer Music of Spain/Music of Villa Lobos disc which I find extraordinary and Rózsa conducts Rózsa which to my ears sounds more like his rousing film scores from those old Hollywood Classics.

All in all, those D~V two~fers are virtual bargains and even with D~V's slight price increase, represent a bang for the buck!

Realistically speaking, at this juncture, D~V combined with Michael Dutton's superb remastering/remixing, is probably our ONLY hope of ever seeing these classic RCA/Columbia QUADs EVER again and if sales are robust, hopefully D~V will shoot them out before the window closes on physical disc replication.

I'd love to be an insider and know how many of each disc they press. Then, I'd be curious how many units are selling.

I also chose the tracking option for shipping. But, nearly every package I get delivered needs to be signed these days in Japan. If I'm not home, they leave a notification note with a toll free telephone number. I call the number and choose the time & day that I will be home for them to deliver it again. Pretty cool.

I almost ordered the Mancini/Severinsen. Oh well... I'll get it on the next order. ;) Glad to see Dutton is releasing more classical in Quad.

http://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/blog/

Received the last 3 Surround SACDs I ordered from Dutton Vocalion yesterday via email.
Ordered on 12/24 and received on 1/20 - just under a month from order date to receipt.

Anyone living in Buffalo New Yrok looking for a box of 12 Dutton Vocalion CDs............Snood gotz your stuff lol

Got my 3 Hugos today in a package, but the package was banded together with a big box............Snood was like hmmm not sure what this could be - so snapped the band and see the big box is addressed to someone else in Buffalo, New York and says 12 cds........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Was like uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh and wow

So will be putting the box back in the mail tomorrow. Hope whoever it is, gets it sooooooooooooooooon :banana:

Anyone living in Buffalo New Yrok looking for a box of 12 Dutton Vocalion CDs............Snood gotz your stuff lol

Got my 3 Hugos today in a package, but the package was banded together with a big box............Snood was like hmmm not sure what this could be - so snapped the band and see the big box is addressed to someone else in Buffalo, New York and says 12 cds........:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So will be putting the box back in the mail tomorrow. Hope whoever it is, gets it sooooooooooooooooon :banana:

Wow! Honestly...how does that happen? The box of 12 is clearly labeled....???

That's so crazy, the exact same thing happened to me! When I got my package with Hugo/Main Ingredient/Tower of Power, there was another package attached to it. I didn't even notice they were packaged so tightly together. I accidentally opened the other package and was confused when I saw the two classical CDs. Then I noticed that they were in a separate package addressed to someone in Maryland. I sealed that package back up. Fortunately my postman understood and accepted the package back from me the next day and sent it on its merry way. Dutton needs to not package things so tightly!

Wow! Honestly...how does that happen? The box of 12 is clearly labeled....???

Yes box of 12 was clearly addressed & labeled, but the address label was under my package - but my small package of 3 was the top one and the big box of 12 the bottom - they were tightly banded together with a strapping strap...........thought maybe the post office did it, but the post office does not bundle things together like that, maybe with a rubberband...........but this seemed strapped at the mailing dept of Dutton to make it easier to load or carry and them expecting the Royal mail peeps to be astute enough to unbundle them and send them as separate packages.

Mine only took a couple weeks or more to get here.........but if mine would have been the bottom package..........bye bye Hugo probably :yikes

Have you gotten in touch with them?
If you haven't received it yet after all this time, they might ship you another one , gratis!!!

Yeah, I've emailed them probably every 10 days or so. I think there are several others from QQ in the US that ordered early December and still don't have theirs either. :(

Yeah, I've emailed them probably every 10 days or so. I think there are several others from QQ in the US that ordered early December and still don't have theirs either. :(

Wow, then ask for another copy, right away, pronto (Toronto!!)!

It took almost a month for mine to arrive, but remember all the problems they've had in England with "Royal Mail"...

Back