Dutton Vocalion Surround SACD Orders Sent by Royal Mail & Ascendia

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered the Pure Prairie League SACD at the beginning of last week via Amazon US and Dutton Vocalion was the seller. In a matter of hours, I received a shipping notice. I thought about ordering directly via the DV Website but ended up using Amazon for a couple bucks more.

I did that once and it was still shipped directly from D~V.* I'd rather order direct from D~V because as one poster pointed out....why put more $$$$ into Amazon's pocket when D~V will greatly benefit from direct payments to their website.

[*unless ordering from Amazon's third party vendors]

I ordered this group of 4 Surround Sound SACDs with the Tracking Option.
They were sent out via Ascendia/Swiss Post.

According to the tracking info to date, they have gone from the UK to Ascendia/Swiss Post in Switzerland where they were mailed to me via 1st Class Air Mail International.
Based on past Vocalion orders, I'm expecting them to arrive 3 weeks after the order was placed. On that schedule, they are still on track.

Whereas Royal Mail Standard (as opposed to Budget) International postal service advertises a target delivery time of 5 to 7 working days.

I'm sitting on my condo porch (just a rental) overlooking the Gulf of Mexico...I see some dolphins munching on some unsuspecting fish, oh, I'd say 400 ft from my view. :)

As a result, I have no clue if my order has arrived back home...and right now...not sure if I even care. :)

Whereas Royal Mail Standard (as opposed to Budget) International postal service advertises a target delivery time of 5 to 7 working days.

I've had past Dutton Vocalion orders sent by Royal Mail.
Typical time was 3 weeks from order to delivery.

Back to the latest order with shipping via Ascendia/Swiss Mail.
Just crossed over to the USPS in New York. So it should be here this week.

Looking forward to it.

I did that once and it was still shipped directly from D~V.* I'd rather order direct from D~V because as one poster pointed out....why put more $$$$ into Amazon's pocket when D~V will greatly benefit from direct payments to their website.

[*unless ordering from Amazon's third party vendors]

You didn't read what I said, correctly. I purchased at Amazon and DV was the seller. In other words, the Market Place seller, not Amazon. Amazon didn't send the shipping notice, DV did. Also, I paid the extra money to order via Amazon. So, DV didn't lose any funds. ;)

You didn't read what I said, correctly. I purchased at Amazon and DV was the seller. In other words, the Market Place seller, not Amazon. Amazon didn't send the shipping notice, DV did. Also, I paid the extra money to order via Amazon. So, DV didn't lose any funds. ;)

NOT to belabor the subject, but I was under the impression that Amazon would still receive a commission for 'allowing' D~V to sell goods from the Amazon website...as Dutton Vocalion would be considered a 'third party vendor.' And it IS Amazon's policy that all vendors acknowledge receipt of sales with an email.

Actually, a smart move by D~V as it's a smallish company and I, personally, would never be aware of the company had it not been for QQ forum.

Exactly right! That's why it cost me more for the disc on Amazon versus getting it directly through them. That extra bit of money I paid goes to Amazon. I know how it all works. I used to be a retailer on both Amazon and eBay. Though, I still sell personal items off eBay but not too much since their fees are unbelievable now. :)

I received my copies today
I ordered them the day I heard they were out
Melbourne
Australia

Exactly right! That's why it cost me more for the disc on Amazon versus getting it directly through them. That extra bit of money I paid goes to Amazon. I know how it all works. I used to be a retailer on both Amazon and eBay. Though, I still sell personal items off eBay but not too much since their fees are unbelievable now. :)

I just noticed I screwed up on the above sentence. :mad:@:

It should read: That extra bit of money I paid goes to Dutton Vocalion. :)

I just noticed I screwed up on the above sentence. :mad:@:

It should read: That extra bit of money I paid goes to Dutton Vocalion. :)

I genuinely think you were right the first time, although they may have raised their price to cover actual postage costs rather than what amazon fix it at.

I'm still waiting for my first DV SACD, "Illuminations"...but as usual, Royal Mail takes LONGER than most European countries to deliver!...I'll post it when I et it..I really liked it when I listened to it (I got a minty SQ copy!!!)

I know people get sick of the "I got Mine!" messages but others seem worried when theirs will arrive...(my excuse and I'm sticking with it) I ordered the four (4) new SACDs on Monday 7/31 and just took delivery today, Tuesday 8/15. Roughly two (2) weeks to get to So. Calif.

I know people get sick of the "I got Mine!" messages but others seem worried when theirs will arrive...(my excuse and I'm sticking with it) I ordered the four (4) new SACDs on Monday 7/31 and just took delivery today, Tuesday 8/15. Roughly two (2) weeks to get to So. Calif.

Today must be the day. The 4 Dutton Vocalion Surround SACDs arrived here as well.
18 days from order to delivery. Pretty much as before - approximately 3 weeks for delivery.

You can say that again, I find its 3-4 days for most deliveries, and that's in the UK for maybe 150 miles at most!

I'm still waiting for my first DV SACD, "Illuminations"...but as usual, Royal Mail takes LONGER than most European countries to deliver!...I'll post it when I et it..I really liked it when I listened to it (I got a minty SQ copy!!!)

Me too. Mine showed up today in the US Mail. I did the regular (cheapest) delivery option when I ordered them.

Back