Dutton Vocalion Surround SACD Orders Sent by Royal Mail & Ascendia

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Have you tried plugging the tracking number into the USPS website or Royal Mail's website? I think the tracking number system is global now, and often the tracking site of the destination country (ie if you're in the US use USPS) will give you the most detailed, up to date tracking info.

OK, I tried both USPS and Royal Mail and both said the system couldn't find the status.

Closer....my shipment is closer. Arrived at JFK Int'l Airport yesterday. OK, so the tracking service does seem to work decently. :)

I remember someone wishing we wouldn't post about our shipments..... do I care? Nope...

:banana:

Closer....my shipment is closer. Arrived at JFK Int'l Airport yesterday. OK, so the tracking service does seem to work decently. :)

I remember someone wishing we wouldn't post about our shipments..... do I care? Nope...

:banana:

Yes, my shipment tracking info says the 3 SACDs arrived at JFK, cleared customs and left USPS Jamaica NY International Distribution Center heading for the destination.
Sounds like an arrival this week. :)

Yes, my shipment tracking info says the 3 SACDs arrived at JFK, cleared customs and left USPS Jamaica NY International Distribution Center heading for the destination.
Sounds like an arrival this week. :)

Woo Hoo! Yep. I purchased the 2 new multi-channel titles, along with some others I didn't previously buy. A total of 6 for me coming. :)

I am based in Japan and over the past 2 months I have ordered 3 x 2 SACD's (albeit through amazon as I had GV's to use)

2 packs came by 'Jersey Post' and took 11 days and 1 pack via 'Asendia' which took 13 days.

Neither had any customs duty

The most recent pack took three hours from order (Amazon) to dispatch (D-V)...

Hope this helps

I am based in Japan and over the past 2 months I have ordered 3 x 2 SACD's (albeit through amazon as I had GV's to use)

2 packs came by 'Jersey Post' and took 11 days and 1 pack via 'Asendia' which took 13 days.

Neither had any customs duty

The most recent pack took three hours from order (Amazon) to dispatch (D-V)...

Hope this helps

Jersey Post?
Yet another option.

My Asendia shipment went out on 10/18 and is headed for the local post office this evening according to USPS.
So all 3 SACDs should be here very soon.

I happened to be working from home after lunch today, and USPS dropped off my Vocalion order. Guess I didn't know I'd have to sign for it, but I did. How ironic I was home...

Anyway, just a little disappointed as 2 of the 5 disc cases were cracked. My guess is since I ordered 5, they didn't stack nicely in the package and the 5th one was sort of shoved in the package on an angle creating an odd shape/tension. One has about a 3 inch crack and the other probably 2 inch crack.

Oh well, not the end of the world obviously....and it did travel a long ways. Just glad they are here now!

I happened to be working from home after lunch today, and USPS dropped off my Vocalion order. Guess I didn't know I'd have to sign for it, but I did. How ironic I was home...

Anyway, just a little disappointed as 2 of the 5 disc cases were cracked. My guess is since I ordered 5, they didn't stack nicely in the package and the 5th one was sort of shoved in the package on an angle creating an odd shape/tension. One has about a 3 inch crack and the other probably 2 inch crack.

Oh well, not the end of the world obviously....and it did travel a long ways. Just glad they are here now!

I contacted DV about this issue...jewel boxes are prone to this damage...even with padding...I mentioned going with cardboard sleeves and the person I was in contact with said he would forward my idea...when damage is restricted to the front cover...no problem...I have a lot of CD's with perfect jewel cases and the front is easy to replace...

I contacted DV about this issue...jewel boxes are prone to this damage...even with padding...I mentioned going with cardboard sleeves and the person I was in contact with said he would forward my idea...when damage is restricted to the front cover...no problem...I have a lot of CD's with perfect jewel cases and the front is easy to replace...

Yes, I agree, front is easy...and mine are both front cracks. Not hinges.... :)

Quite a few of my DV case fronts have been cracked... I really dont care as long is the disc is pristine (I rip them all anyway)... never-the-less... maybe I’ll send them a heads-up so they get an idea of the extent of the problem...

I've had a few cracked cases with my D~V orders as well as with Audio Fidelity's SACDs with the cardboard outer sleeves

Of course, to remedy the situation, I've stocked up on higher quality replacement jewel cases from Sleeve City http://www.sleevecityusa.com/single-jewel-cases-s/1845.htm

IMO, they're actually better quality than BOTH D~V and AF's cases and from time to time they even offer a 15% off sale.:banana: It pays to sign up for their newsletter and enroll your email on their list.

Just received the 7 Surround Sound SACDs for December from Vocalion via Royal Air Mail.
Must be a new tweak to their delivery system. Faster delivery than before!

Nice job Vocalion.

Time for some listening... :)

My two Art Garfunkel & the Stravinsky SACDs have just dropped through the letter box :banana: Its my first day back after the break (although I work mainly from home) so I hope to listen to one of them before the requests for conference calls etc. to sort out issues start to come in!

My two Art Garfunkel & the Stravinsky SACDs have just dropped through the letter box :banana: Its my first day back after the break (although I work mainly from home) so I hope to listen to one of them before the requests for conference calls etc. to sort out issues start to come in!

Good for you!

How come that the delivery time to me in Sweden is so loooooong. I still have not received the discs I ordered in the beginning of December... Anyone know why it takes up to 6 weeks to get it from UK to Sweden? A mystery to me really, standard delivery time when I order from Amazon UK is less than a week. I have ordered Vocalion-Dutton discs both via Amazon and the Vocalion-Dutton site, takes several weeks in any case.

Good for you!

How come that the delivery time to me in Sweden is so loooooong. I still have not received the discs I ordered in the beginning of December... Anyone know why it takes up to 6 weeks to get it from UK to Sweden? A mystery to me really, standard delivery time when I order from Amazon UK is less than a week. I have ordered Vocalion-Dutton discs both via Amazon and the Vocalion-Dutton site, takes several weeks in any case.

That is a long time and most likely, you will hear the usual "mail is slower during December/January". But still, that seems just silly to take that long. You truly wonder if the boxes are just sitting in the corner of someone's office.....heck, even by car driving a few hours per day it should have been there.....lol.

Sorry man, I know my post doesn't help at all. Wish I knew the answer.

Everything takes ages to arrive from the UK (to Germany in my case), no matter if it's Dutton Vocalion, Burning Shed or other artists' stores. Amazon have their own internal shipment service, I think, which they use to ship things in bulk to the recipients country and then use the local postal service. That's why they are faster.

Oh Hell Yeah - Me Doc and Chet Atkins order fiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnally arrived wow :yikes

Back