Dutton Vocalion Surround SACD Orders Sent by Royal Mail & Ascendia

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet they are just getting started. I'm sort of excited about the prospects....

Even though I still don't have my first order that is now a month ago... :chill :violin:yikes

FWIW, I haven't gotten mine either, although an email from D/V assures me it is on the way.

While I'm still waiting on my order of Tower of Power and Main Ingredient to arrive, I'm looking at some other DV SACDs.
After hearing a few preview tracks, I'm now very interested in "Love Theme From The Godfather" (even though I have no interest in the second album on that SACD).
Plus if I can find good previews (probably on YouTube) for "Wonder-land/Neil's Diamonds" and the other HM SACD release from 2015, then I may get those too.

This is kind of cool that DV are really helping me to branch out of my normal music comfort zones with these SACD releases!

:)

Urrrrrrrrgh Snood went ahead and bought the 3 Hugos :rolleyes:

Way to go QQ:mad:@:

See what ya made Snooooooooooooood do :banana::banana::banana:

Have the Tower and Main Ingredient already:smokin

Well, when you are old and very gray, they will arrive. But, you will have dementia by then and you will think the discs are from outer space.
OK, I know - I'm getting grouchy cause mine are over a month old from order...and still nothing. They have my money though. Again...dammit...a bit sarcastic..I Know. :)

Well, when you are old and very gray, they will arrive. But, you will have dementia by then and you will think the discs are from outer space.
OK, I know - I'm getting grouchy cause mine are over a month old from order...and still nothing. They have my money though. Again...dammit...a bit sarcastic..I Know. :)

LMAO...the mailbox just told me how very lonely he was. :violin
I think I'm delirious.

Maybe if I order a few more, the first ones will show up? :banana:

*ahem*

Gos clears throat, while noting that mailbox is still crying for some new discs to arrive....mailbox says it's been over 35 days now. Mailbox is getting an attitude I think.

I might get a new mailbox... :violin

*ahem*

Gos clears throat, while noting that mailbox is still crying for some new discs to arrive....mailbox says it's been over 35 days now. Mailbox is getting an attitude I think.

I might get a new mailbox... :violin

I put in my order on Dec. 10, it arrived today. And I'm in a major urban center so things usually arrive here really quickly.

its "a little bit funny" Ralphie, cos I avoided getting the SQ LP of Krusty Kostelanetz's Spanish inquadisition and his Quadro castanets thinking "it won't be very Quaddy" -- and lo and behold it is! I just hope my 4th batch of DV SACDs doesn't come before Gene's 1st or he'll come over to Blighty and kick my a$$ from 'ere to Kathmandu..! :yikes

Adam, you're literally 17 miles away from D~V's headquarters. My suggestion........you jaunt over there oneday in a suit and bowtie* [*from the Donald Trump Collection, of course] and introduce yourself and present them, IN PERSON, with your 'bucket' list of QUAD preferences as I'm sure you can charm the pants off a snake.:yikes Adam Buckley: QQ's very own Ambassador to D~V. Maybe we'll build you an embassy with a megabuck Dolby Atmos Surround System (with SEPARATES, of course).:banana:

Poor Gene. I know mine came registered and I wasn't home to accept the parcel of 12 discs and they left a flimsy green card in my mailbox instructing me to pick them up at the local Post Office. Wonder if Gene's are awaiting him at the local post office as those 'flimsy' green cards are so disposable.

Adam, you're literally 17 miles away from D~V's headquarters. My suggestion........you jaunt over there oneday in a suit and bowtie* [*from the Donald Trump Collection, of course] and introduce yourself and present them, IN PERSON, with your 'bucket' list of QUAD preferences as I'm sure you can charm the pants off a snake.:yikes Adam Buckley: QQ's very own Ambassador to D~V. Maybe we'll build you an embassy with a megabuck Dolby Atmos Surround System (with SEPARATES, of course).:banana:

Poor Gene. I know mine came registered and I wasn't home to accept the parcel of 12 discs and they left a flimsy green card in my mailbox instructing me to pick them up at the local Post Office. Wonder if Gene's are awaiting him at the local post office as those 'flimsy' green cards are so disposable.

:yikes:yikes:yikes:yikes

They wouldn't DARE have them sitting there...would they? I live in a small town, I don't think they would do that....I saw our mail man at a wedding reception last weekend.....and we shared some drinks.

AnyWHO - I'm going to go ahead and order a few more that I didn't order the first time. All this chatter has me nuts. I seriously cannot wait to hear these things....I don't care if it's elevator music, I have very fond memories of my grand parents listening to this exact kind of music...and for all I Know it WAS some of this exact stuff. I bet it was. :)

Am I the only guy in the US who ordered some discs around Dec 2 and still doesn't have them? :yikes :violin

:chill

Hmm, I'd say it's time for you to send D/V an email and get a status report on your order.

Yeah, I did. They tell me that mail can be slow... ???

Here is the response I got.

Your previous orders have been shipped straight away but Royal Mail during Christmas is nothing but nightmare and some our customers, which placed their orders on the beginning of December are just receiving them. That’s just completely out of order but there are postal services over here sometimes. It must be down to increased security checks and also short staff in the sorting offices – if you’re lucky your packet might squeeze through and arrive at normal time.

Kind regards
Simon
Vocalion Ltd/Dutton Epoch Retail & Export Team

Here is the response I got.

Your previous orders have been shipped straight away but Royal Mail during Christmas is nothing but nightmare and some our customers, which placed their orders on the beginning of December are just receiving them. That’s just completely out of order but there are postal services over here sometimes. It must be down to increased security checks and also short staff in the sorting offices – if you’re lucky your packet might squeeze through and arrive at normal time.

Kind regards
Simon
Vocalion Ltd/Dutton Epoch Retail & Export Team

I am also still waiting.

I'm waiting as well. Life is so busy , they get here when they get here. (I'm chronically behind in listening so there are literally hundreds of things waiting)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the future, I'm pretty sure I'm going to order from Prestoclassical instead of direct. Cheaper shipping and quicker. However, I did get my five discs a week ago.

Back