Dutton Vocalion Surround SACD Orders Sent by Royal Mail & Ascendia

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before I got too carried away, I just called my local post office...just to be sure. Nope, they don't have it. So - it's just "out there" somewhere....
lmao - sounds like one of my favorite Scorpion's songs. (always somewhere) :)

So a few comments. Even though I paid extra for some sort of tracking service, I never received any email notification with tracking, nor when I log into Vocalion and look at my orders does it show shipped or any tracking number.

I emailed Simon at Vocalion and he provided a tracking number...
I pasted that into Royal Mail website and here is what I get.

lmao - not very helpful is it? If that's all the info I get, I'm pretty sure it's FAR from worth what I paid for it. :(

Those tracking numbers are international, if you go to USPS.com and plug it in you'll get more detailed delivery info:

Your item arrived at our USPS facility in CHICAGO METRO on January 16, 2017 at 3:31 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

I think the fact that your stuff is indeed transiting through the Chicago hub is what's accounting for the delays, so I would say just hang in there.

Those tracking numbers are international, if you go to USPS.com and plug it in you'll get more detailed delivery info:

Your item arrived at our USPS facility in CHICAGO METRO on January 16, 2017 at 3:31 pm. The item is currently in transit to the destination.

I think the fact that your stuff is indeed transiting through the Chicago hub is what's accounting for the delays, so I would say just hang in there.

Wow! I swear I punched that number into USPS earlier...anyhow. yeah, I see that now. But it just arrived to Chicago yesterday. If you look closer, it says this:

January 13, 2017 , 2:04 am
Processed Through Facility
LANGLEY HWDC, UNITED KINGDOM

January 12, 2017 , 6:36 pm
Acceptance
UNITED KINGDOM

So - My order from Dec 3 didn't even get moved until January 13th in the UK. Wow! So, I guess it only took a few days to actually get from Langley UK to Chicago, Illinois. Seems the hangup was really in the UK....I guess. :confused: At this point...who cares? It's close and heck, might even receive it TODAY! I'm just 2 hours from Chicago.

Just received today, January 17 2017 my order from Presto Classical in the UK ( shipped January 7, 2017 (for 3 SACD titles))

:banana::banana::banana:

IMG_1159.jpg

IMG_1158.jpg

10 days to get home. Not bad!!!!!!

:cool:

Regards,

Wow! I swear I punched that number into USPS earlier...anyhow. yeah, I see that now. But it just arrived to Chicago yesterday. If you look closer, it says this:

Acceptance
UNITED KINGDOM

So - My order from Dec 3 didn't even get moved until January 13th in the UK. Wow! So, I guess it only took a few days to actually get from Langley UK to Chicago, Illinois. Seems the hangup was really in the UK....I guess. :confused: At this point...who cares? It's close and heck, might even receive it TODAY! I'm just 2 hours from Chicago.

Whoops - I forgot that yesterday was a holiday in the US (Martin Luthar Vandross King day) :banana: So, mail no go yesterday. Guess I'll see my first shipment of Vocalion tomorrow!!!! Oh hell yes!

Whoops - I forgot that yesterday was a holiday in the US (Martin Luthar Vandross King day) :banana: So, mail no go yesterday. Guess I'll see my first shipment of Vocalion tomorrow!!!! Oh hell yes!

So I suppose you're going to take Wednesday OFF and justify it by calling it G O S DAY! :music

Mr Ralphie - there is a very good chance that yes, I will stay home. Luxuries of being the man.... :yikes

I kid, I Kid.....well...sort of. :smokin

GOS, I don't want to rain on your parade (and maybe you know more about USPS delivery tracking than me) but from what I saw your shipment had only just arrived at the Chicago hub. It still has to clear customs, be processed through the facility and sent to your local post office, and then sent out for delivery from there. I suppose it's possible all of that could happen in a day, but you may want to temper your expectations slightly just to avoid disappointment.

GOS, I don't want to rain on your parade (and maybe you know more about USPS delivery tracking than me) but from what I saw your shipment had only just arrived at the Chicago hub. It still has to clear customs, be processed through the facility and sent to your local post office, and then sent out for delivery from there. I suppose it's possible all of that could happen in a day, but you may want to temper your expectations slightly just to avoid disappointment.

No, you are most likely correct. I forgot about the whole customs thing. :yikes Being a yearly international traveler, I should have remembered that.

Just checked USPS again, it has been sent out and so I guess it cleared customs pretty fast (which doesn't surprise me). Still, I don't think it would be normal for me to get mail directly from Chicago hub. Normally, seems my mail goes from "wherever" to Decatur, then to Champaign, then my hometown.

Acceptance
UNITED KINGDOM

OK, let me first say that I am totally confused. This tracking number, etc is for my most recent purchase. The purchase I made on January 8th. :yikes So, it seems that my most recent purchase very well might beat my 2 purchases from December 3rd!

Again... :yikes:yikes:yikes

So, this begs the question....why would my most recent purchase arrive first and where the heck are my Dec 3rd purchases? :mad:@:

Lmao - maybe all three will show up together. :confused:

:chill

I did some poking around on the Royal Mail website and found this information which might be relevant about international service disruptions from the UK:

USA
Start date: Early December
End date: Ongoing

The United States Postal Service (USPS) has recently advised us of operational difficulties at the Chicago port of entry which may result in delay to the delivery of international mail from other countries including some Royal Mail items. US Zip codes affected are, 4xxxx, 5xxxx,6xxxx and 7xxxx. Multiple local logistical and customs issues have resulted in this situation and USPS are working with all concerned to return services to normal. Royal Mail is also doing everything possible to minimise any further potential delay.

We apologise for any delays which are beyond our control and will update this information as soon as we know more.

Thanks for this info. My zip code puts me in this category.

Ordered mine 12/29/16, received in Colorado in two orders on 1/11 & 1/14/17. You're gonna hate me but all that fast service and I wasn't even home to receive them. Found 'em when I got home today!

I ordered Tower Of Power and Main Ingredient on 11/30. They shipped and I was charged on 12/1. I received them in the mail today (1/18). Better late than never I guess.

I ordered Tower Of Power and Main Ingredient on 11/30. They shipped and I was charged on 12/1. I received them in the mail today (1/18). Better late than never I guess.

Are they outstanding - as if the master tapes have not aged a day?

Back