Sony UHPH1 Universal player, anyone?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Sony, start making (again) automobile dvd-audio and sacd head units too.

My marketing consultation fee is 10% Sony so you now owe me $1 million from all the units you will sell.

it's DEFINITELY the end of the world!!!

pah, I knew DVD-A would come out tops in the end.. even if Warners can't be doing with their own format anymore and just do DVD-V for big name titles like Tusk and Mirage, Sony are now supporting "the enemy" DVD-Audio..!! It's DVD-A(rmageddon) as we know it..!! :yikes

pah, I knew DVD-A would come out tops in the end.. even if Warners can't be doing with their own format anymore and just do DVD-V for big name titles like Tusk and Mirage, Sony are now supporting "the enemy" DVD-Audio..!! It's DVD-A(rmageddon) as we know it..!! :yikes
Nah. It's easy to support your enemy when he is dead.

But will it play the CD side of a dualdisc.......that is the question?

If you scroll down to the May 5 post:

"The Sony UHP-H1 specifications include support for Blu-ray Disc, 3D BD, DVD-A/V, SACD, CD, DSD (DSDIFF/DSF), FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, HEAAC v.1 / v.2 / level 2, MP3, LDAC, DLNA and PlayStationNow. Sony's own page even lists the two separate DVD logos, to eliminate any possible doubt."

If you scroll down to the May 5 post:

"The Sony UHP-H1 specifications include support for Blu-ray Disc, 3D BD, DVD-A/V, SACD, CD, DSD (DSDIFF/DSF), FLAC, ALAC, AIFF, HEAAC v.1 / v.2 / level 2, MP3, LDAC, DLNA and PlayStationNow. Sony's own page even lists the two separate DVD logos, to eliminate any possible doubt."

Oh that's a very impressive spec.! :)

Ralph was only joking about DualDisc, since they were inherently thicker discs than CDs or DVDs and so were rather notorious for compatibility issues with some players, especially slot loaders, back in the day.. in addition to which, the CD side of a DualDisc does not necessarily conform to the Redbook specification.. a bit of a mess of a format, that could have been quite good if handled differently/properly, imho..

Is there any machine known to man that will play those non-conformist rebels..!?! :yikes

Actually, my OPPO BDP~105 does but my two Meridians [800/808] will NOT. Thankfully, NO problem playing the DVD side on ALL players and of course in SONY's 'enhanced' stereo [16/48].

SONY gave up SACD for the dualdisc? What were they thinking?

Actually, my OPPO BDP~105 does but my two Meridians [800/808] will NOT. Thankfully, NO problem playing the DVD side on ALL players and of course in SONY's 'enhanced' stereo [16/48].

SONY gave up SACD for the dualdisc? What were they thinking?

ah, then there is hope for this new Sony after all..! :banana:

those Oppo's huh, they're the disc spinning equivalent of the Swiss Army Knife eh Ralph..! ;)

ah, then there is hope for this new Sony after all..! :banana:

those Oppo's huh, they're the disc spinning equivalent of the Swiss Army Knife eh Ralph..! ;)

Yes, Freddie blue, those OPPOs go where NO man has gone before.........

Wonder if the upcoming OPPO UDP~205 will UPSAMPLE to 8K?:yikes

Back