Cream - Fresh Cream box set featuring Blu-ray disc

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found this today. Product info says there is mono and stereo mixes but no word on 5.1.

There's no surround in that set at all.
However, depending on the state and availability of the tapes, maybe surround could be an option for future Cream box sets.
Bill Levenson (the producer of this set) has produced several sets in the past that include surround, so he's clearly in our court.
Hope Springs Eternal! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The surround can't be excellent if there's no surround included, which is the case with this particular set.

He meant that regardless of a 5.1 mix, this will likely be an excellent box set.

There's no surround in that set at all.
However, depending on the state and availability of the tapes, maybe surround could be an option for future Cream box sets.
Bill Levenson (the producer of this set) has produced several sets in the past that include surround, so he's clearly in our court.
Hope Springs Eternal! :)

Most of the Cream multitracks are missing presumed lost in the Warner warehouse fire of a few years ago. So the story goes .....

Most of the Cream multitracks are missing presumed lost in the Warner warehouse fire of a few years ago. So the story goes .....

You mean the Universal fire?
Cause Cream are under Universal, not Warner...
If so, what a shame... :(

You mean the Universal fire?
Cause Cream are under Universal, not Warner...
If so, what a shame... :(

Yes that is the rumour, of course things do change but I believe the second and third albums were recorded in the US and it was a record company storage facility fire.

Mind you we know from Andy Partridge that multitrack tapes end up in some unusual places and not always with the record company they were recorded for.

How many time has RSO changed distributor ?

Yes that is the rumour, of course things do change but I believe the second and third albums were recorded in the US and it was a record company storage facility fire.

Mind you we know from Andy Partridge that multitrack tapes end up in some unusual places and not always with the record company they were recorded for.

How many time has RSO changed distributor ?

RSO was under Atlantic Records from 1973 to the end of 1975, and then it went to PolyGram/Polydor where it has remained since then.

Happy now, Mr. Literal? ;)
You were correct of course without the comma it was rather nonsensical.

I have pre ordered this release via Amazon at $60.39. I have many Cream releases including a 2016 UK mini box set with mini cardboard RBCD's. In anticipating this first Cream release in Blu Ray I do not expect that much. All the SHM SACD's that I have are good but nothing super. It's no secret amplifiers where turned up loud and these Cream recordings will never be a top 100 of sonic bliss, but I am glad they at least try.

Here's the back of the box scan from amazon:
81IxwTl-jBL._SL1425_.jpg

And I do agree with those who say that this will be a very good box set even despite the lack of surround sound.
Hopefully there's better things to come in the future! :)

Here's the back of the box scan from amazon:
81IxwTl-jBL._SL1425_.jpg

And I do agree with those who say that this will be a very good box set even despite the lack of surround sound.
Hopefully there's better things to come in the future! :)

And for those who don't want to spring for the box set, CDJapan still has the superb sounding single~layered SHM~SACD (Mono/Stereo) remasters available for under $27...including the bonus cuts [32 tracks, altogether]*: http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UIGY-15028

[*2013 DSD remaster from the original UK analogue tapes]

Now in my possession. First, stunning box set, nice size, two booklets, one holds 4 discs only and is thin the other is a book with pictures, writing, etc. All top of the line, all I can hope is more will come.
Sonic's: Well if you are a Cream fan then you won't be disappointed. The 24/96 stereo vs the 24/96 Mono are different and have there own greatness. I prefer the Mono over the stereo as it sounds a bit fuller and uninterrupted. The stereo just seems like the stereo of old. The other 3 RBCD discs are little treasures. I am really happy I purchased this box set as it is better than anything I had before including the original record from my youth. If you are looking for sonic bliss, forget it, it's Cream, not gonna happen. 24/96 BD-A Mono is where it's at.
The menu on The Blu Ray works perfect with remote and each song has rotating pictures of the band.

Back