Tales of Mystery & Imagination: 40th Anniversary [Blu-ray]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Back in stock Amazon US on 1/25 if it's not in your collection yet..... Price has fluctuated recently little pricey now due to low supply.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01M16EE4T/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm glad this is available because it will be the first time I've heard it but it seems a bit pricey to me too, think I'll wait bit. However, if the current price ends up being the going rate, I'll spring for it. I almost posted this in the poll thread, whew!

Amazon CA. Is taking pre-orders for 2/10 inventory, pertinent info was posted to the wrong thread (poll)

I hope they sell out completely and have to run another batch, because the popularity of this release may play a big part in the decision to do the next 2 or 3 APP albums! I'm dying for Pyramid in 5.1.

I hope they sell out completely and have to run another batch, because the popularity of this release may play a big part in the decision to do the next 2 or 3 APP albums! I'm dying for Pyramid in 5.1.

There's still the matter of the rest of the catalogue falling under a different label (Sony/Arista as opposed to Universal for Tales) but at least strong sales of this release could bolster AP's argument that it's a worthwhile effort.

:)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd think Sony would be open to at least I Robot in 5.1. Then if successful the rest of the catalog.

You'd think Sony would be open to at least I Robot in 5.1. Then if successful the rest of the catalog.

If Sony are going to start releasing their share of the APP catalogue in 5.1 surround, then they are most likely going to start with either "I Robot" or "Eye in the Sky", since the former is celebrating its 40th this year and the latter is celebrating its 35th.

If Sony are going to start releasing their share of the APP catalogue in 5.1 surround, then they are most likely going to start with either "I Robot" or "Eye in the Sky", since the former is celebrating its 40th this year and the latter is celebrating its 35th.

And how nice those surely would sound. :banana:

In the liner notes on the deluxe edition Eric's daughter says that her intention is that Eye in the Sky is the next one to be worked upon

In the liner notes on the deluxe edition Eric's daughter says that her intention is that Eye in the Sky is the next one to be worked upon

Yep, I read that in the book too, but we will have to wait and see if surround will be included or if it will just be a CD deluxe set like the other Sony reissues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where can the lowest price be had for the deluxe set nowadays? I see Amazon US has it for $68.43. I already have the stand-alone Blu-ray Disc but since I'm all in for the Eye in the Sky deluxe set, I figured I'd better pick this one up too. :)

Where can the lowest price be had for the deluxe set nowadays? I see Amazon US has it for $68.43. I already have the stand-alone Blu-ray Disc but since I'm all in for the Eye in the Sky deluxe set, I figured I'd better pick this one up too. :)

I don't think that's right. Something is wrong with the Amazon listings on this title. The $68.43 doesn't seem to be deluxe edition...is it? Here I find what is clearly the deluxe box as it also shows picture that looks correct. The other one, the description looks off, but it does say 5 discs...who knows...

$159.99 Deluxe Box - Amazon

Import CDs has it for $64.12. However, you'll get free shipping from Amazon so at that point it all depends on if you live somewhere that either Amazon or Import CDs will charge you sales tax.

This is the correct link to purchase the deluxe box set for "Tales of Mystery & Imagination" from amazon in the US:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LA64QFC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And for the price, it represents exceptional value!

Plus, I think it's funny that a lot of people complain about not wanting to buy a box set and only wanting to buy a single Blu-ray Disc, but right now the deluxe box for "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" is only $68.43 on amazon, and the Blu-Ray is $36.99

So for $22 more, you can get an additional 3 CDs, 2 vinyls, and an amazing book that discusses the making of the album.
Seems like a no-brainer to me!

This is the correct link to purchase the deluxe box set for "Tales of Mystery & Imagination" from amazon in the US:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LA64QFC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And for the price, it represents exceptional value!

Plus, I think it's funny that a lot of people complain about not wanting to buy a box set and only wanting to buy a single Blu-ray Disc, but right now the deluxe box for "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" is only $68.43 on amazon, and the Blu-Ray is $36.99

So for $22 more, you can get an additional 3 CDs, 2 vinyls, and an amazing book that discusses the making of the album.
Seems like a no-brainer to me!

At the time of its initial release, the stand alone BD~A of Tales was priced by some vendors at under $20. Of course, now with it priced @ $37 it might make more sense to purchase the boxset......if you're so inclined.

Just picked up the standalone Bluray. Inside there's a download voucher that seems to be an invalid code. When I checked the list of available downloads, TAPP - ToMaI, EAP doesn't appear to be one of the titles available for download? Anyone else tried this or had more luck?

I have finally got that one (the standalone BR version), after getting Ammonia Avenue. For the there is the little piece of paper with the info about getting the hi-res files, but there is no code.

I still don't understand why they have not been using mShuttle on these releases, then we would have the files on the blu-ray all ready to use.

However the musical content is really nice! very much enjoying it.

Back