Saga is calling it quits after 40 years

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Well, it had to happen sooner or later....

I'm almost positive that the reason is health related because, even though they never made it BIG (their commercial high peak was back in 1982 with "On the Loose" and "Wind him up", and they DID get a Juno award back then too), they have been a very consistent band with a very devoted fan base in Germany and other places....

Personnel changes were minimal (different drummers in the last few years and they found a MONSTER of a drummer who has been with them for the last 4 years or so...)..

Michael Sadler's voice is as strong as ever- a feat that most singers who have been around for so long would KILL for, and they always put on a GREAT show...musicianship has always been top notch.

Granted, their last LP, "Sagacity" is not their best (I prefer the previous one, "20/20"), but they are playing this year "anywhere they wanna go"(pun intended)...wish I could see them again...1982 was a long time ago!(but the memories prevail!)...

Long live SAGA!!

Yep. I've read about it and therefore I will go to their concert in April.
They were my first favorite band when I was 12 years old. :)

Man, if I had the €€€€€€ I'd go to a concert in Europe (as they say here, EUROPE starts at the Pyrinnes)...

So happy for you...enjoy it, take photos and , if you can, record it!!!!

They're back with a vengeance... although bass player Jim Crichton has retired from playing live (I guess he was the one who came up with the final tour thing). Saw them last month, stellar concert!

saw them in 2017 in Munchen, Jim's last tour with them...here are 2 great bass players (me and him!) :smokin ;)
jim crichton.jpg

I was at the show in Stuttgart back in 2017. Really thought it was over for good. Seeing them without Jim C. was strange (especially since the video screen was still full of him), but Dusty Chesterfield really did a nice job!

Back