Ayreon-"The Source" in surround

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice news! Well, Actual Fantasy's 5.1 was about 10-15 years ago or something like that, so perhaps he's gone with the times since then?

Then again, even the Live Equation Blu-Ray only had standard DD 5.1... :-/ Either way good news, let's hope!

Great news. I will be getting this.

Expensive - it's $53.55 shipped to US. I really like the music, but probably not enough to spend that kind of money. I've never heard of them anyway.

Expensive - it's $53.55 shipped to US. I really like the music, but probably not enough to spend that kind of money. I've never heard of them anyway.

I am sure this will have a North American release too. All previous Ayreon albums have, from what I recall.

I wonder who did the 5.1 mix? I believe Arjen Anthony Lucassen does all his own recording, mixing, etc on his albums (in stereo at least). But has he done 5.1 before?

I am hopeful this will be good because Ayreon albums have a lot of 5.1 potential, and the stereo mixes usually sound quite good. The Dream Sequencer is one of my favorites that would work very well in surround!

The skeptical side of my is worried the mix will stink, and even if the mix is good the sound quality will be poor because of DD compression.

I am sure this will have a North American release too. All previous Ayreon albums have, from what I recall.

I wonder who did the 5.1 mix? I believe Arjen Anthony Lucassen does all his own recording, mixing, etc on his albums (in stereo at least). But has he done 5.1 before?

I am hopeful this will be good because Ayreon albums have a lot of 5.1 potential, and the stereo mixes usually sound quite good. The Dream Sequencer is one of my favorites that would work very well in surround!

The skeptical side of my is worried the mix will stink, and even if the mix is good the sound quality will be poor because of DD compression.

I dunno about NA release. Burning Shed says they have the exclusive on the deluxe set, which includes the 5.1. I wouldn't care about purchasing some Cd's. :mad:@:

[video=youtube;oFuMKdrzPqU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFuMKdrzPqU[/video]

I believe Arjen has done all of his own 5.1 mixes as well.
This does sound a bit dated now to me but I still like it and if you want to check it out is very discreet in 5.1.
Even for dd 5.1 because the music and mix are well done I think its worth it to check out.

https://www.amazon.ca/Actual-Fantas...=8-3&keywords=ayreon+actual+fantasy+revisited

The Burning Shed offering is a Special Edition which is why its expensive at £39.99, :yikes but in a fit of madness I bought it as I liked the last Ayreon 5.1 one I got!

"Ayreon's epic 2017 album The Source explores the origins of the mythical Ayreon saga.

The album features a stellar guest list of singers and musicians including James LaBrie (Dream Theater), Tommy Rogers (Between The Buried And Me), Simone Simons (Epica), Russell Allen (Symphony X), Floor Jansen (Nightwish), Paul Gilbert (Mr Big), Guthrie Govan and Mark Kelly (Marillion).

This 4cd/1dvd edition is presented in a 44 page full colour ear book and contains a 5.1 mix of the album.

Exclusive to Burning Shed in the UK, we have a limited number of copies available.

Pre-order for 28th April release."

Oh by the way:

atrjen.png

arjen2.png

Back