RIP Butch Trucks

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have seen the ABB many times including 1971 Winterland SF a few months before Duane died. I was always mesmerized watching Butch and although sadness is there, the ABB called it quits last year, or was it 2015 and it is ultimately too bad for Butch's family they didn't get much of him in retirement. I have a little ways to go but 69 is starting to seem young.

Good lord. I don't know how much respect I have for someone who does this in front of someone who surely loved him. Of course, I don't know the whole story...still.

Tragic, yes, I wish someone got him some help. That interview is great though, esp. the last part about Hymn of the Seventh Galaxy!

How horrific, he can't have been well. What a tragedy, great drummer, and ABB are one of my favourite bands. I do wish I'd managed to see them play the Knebworth Festival in 1974, but my parents said no, I was 16, and so I've never seen them, oh well. RIP Butch Trucks.

Back