Vivaldi: L'Estro Armonico - Rachel Podger with Brecon Baroque in SACD Surround Sound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GOS

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Helllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppp!

OK, I mean to say, help. :)

I am so absolutely confused by classical music. I have a SACD disc. In big, bold print it says Antonio Vivaldi. In smaller print, it says L'Estro Armonico/Rachel Podger Brecon Baroque.

So - as far as the Artist...who the hell is the artist? You get my drift? I want to tag the files correctly for Foobar and it simply confuses me.

There are 2 discs to this paticular release. I assume Rachel Podger and Brecon Baroque were people, but now I don't think so. When I put each disc in, it tells me the artist is Rachel Podger. Ok...maybe that's right. Who the heck is Antonio Vivaldi? Some old dude that wrote the original compositions? I expect that to be the case....

No snickering....I'm clueless about classical. IN the end, I just want to know how to tag these damn discs/songs. :yikes

Helllllllllllllllpppppppppppppppp!

OK, I mean to say, help. :)

I am so absolutely confused by classical music. I have a SACD disc. In big, bold print it says Antonio Vivaldi. In smaller print, it says L'Estro Armonico/Rachel Podger Brecon Baroque.

So - as far as the Artist...who the hell is the artist? You get my drift? I want to tag the files correctly for Foobar and it simply confuses me.

There are 2 discs to this paticular release. I assume Rachel Podger and Brecon Baroque were people, but now I don't think so. When I put each disc in, it tells me the artist is Rachel Podger. Ok...maybe that's right. Who the heck is Antonio Vivaldi? Some old dude that wrote the original compositions? I expect that to be the case....

No snickering....I'm clueless about classical. IN the end, I just want to know how to tag these damn discs/songs. :yikes

Podgy is the main violinist, or the "star" like Pavarotti was or Yo-Yo Ma. Brecon Baroque is the ensemble or "band" she's playing with on that album. Vivaldi is the composer, like Bach, Mozart, Chopin, etc... Concertos are usually split in three parts.

For your tagging, put Podgy & Brecon Baroque as the artist, Vivaldi as the composer and the album as L'Estro Armonico. For the tracks use the listing found on this page. Hope this helps. :)

Podgy is the main violinist, or the "star" like Pavarotti was or Yo-Yo Ma. Brecon Baroque is the ensemble or "band" she's playing with on that album. Vivaldi is the composer, like Bach, Mozart, Chopin, etc... Concertos are usually split in three parts.

For your tagging, put Podgy & Brecon Baroque as the artist, Vivaldi as the composer and the album as L'Estro Armonico. For the tracks use the listing found on this page. Hope this helps. :)

Simon...excellent! I would NEVER have known that. I probably should have known Vivaldi is the composer, but I guess I'm not familiar with the name. Obviously, Mozart, Bach, Chopin are all very familiar.

Correct.

Violinist Rachel Podger is one of classical music's best selling artists. She records baroque music with Brecon Baroque on the Channel Classics Records label.
The album Vivaldi: L'Estro Armonico has won multiple awards including the 2016 BBC Music Magazine Award.

For more on the album, check the You Tube video on the album and its creation.

BBC_MUSIC_RACHEL_SLIDE2.jpg

Rachel Podger and Brecon Baroque

“There is probably no more inspirational musician working today than Rachel Podger” (Gramophone)

“The [recording] leaves one breathless with admiration …and Rachel Podger’s crack team deliver miracles of virtuosity…” (Observer review of Brecon Baroque’s L’Estro Armonico)

Brecon Baroque Festival was established in 2006 by Rachel Podger, one of the world’s leading interpreters of Baroque music. She performs as soloist and guest director with orchestras and ensembles worldwide, including the Orchestra of the Age of Enlightenment and the Academy of Ancient Music (UK), Arte dei Suonatori (Poland), Tafelmusik (Canada) and the Handel and Haydn Society (USA). Rachel’s recordings have won many awards. Her 2013 release ‘Guardian Angel’ of music for solo violin was described as “utterly stupendous” by BBC Music Magazine and won her the 2014 BBC Music Instrumental Award. She is also a respected teacher: she holds chairs at the Royal Academy of Music and the Royal Welsh College of Music and Drama, and has recently taken up a role at the Juilliard School in New York.

Brecon Baroque was founded in 2007 as the resident ensemble for the festival and now enjoys an international reputation in its own right. Brecon Baroque’s recording of Vivaldi’s ‘L’Estro Armonico’ was released in 2015 to critical acclaim, and has just won the 2016 BBC Music Concerto Award."

http://www.channelclassics.com/podger-36515.html
https://channelclassics.nativedsd.com/albums/lestro-armonico
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_aBZyeW2_4
http://www.breconbaroquefestival.com/about

Back