Burning HD MOV files to disc?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colman

QQ Supporter
Anyone know the best way to burn a HD MOV 24bit 96khz 5.1 surround video file onto a DVD or Blu-ray, without sacrificing quality? I am using a Windows 7 PC with a Blu-ray burner and an OPPO UDP-203 player (which won't play such files off a USB stick). Apologies if this is the wrong forum to ask this in..

Edit: it now appears the file may be corrupt, so no need to respond at this time.

Last edited:
The file download was incomplete, and I now have fixed that. I now have two 24bit-96kHz .mov files that play fine in stereo on my Windows PC (video + stereo audio), but when I try and play the files in either my Oppo UDP-203 or SONY BDP-S370 player, I get video but only white noise as audio. I tried playing them using both the DLNA network, and also by burning them to a Blu-Ray data disc.

Media Info tells me the file audio is PCM, 6 channels, with a bit rate of 13.8 Mbps - any ideas out there why the Oppo, which is supposed to play almost any file format imaginable, can't play surround audio from these files?

Back