Bandcamp - 5.1 surround music releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had this for more than a month but I've only just put it on. BAM! This album is amazing!

Musically, it's a laid back blend of Röyksopp, Blonde Redhead and Björk. Beautiful electronic textures with male and female vocals. The DTS Quad mix is phenomenal! You owe it to yourself to get this bad boy NOW!

Symbion Project - Misery In Soliloquy

Symbion%20Project_zpsxluv1vln.jpg

I've had this for more than a month but I've only just put it on. BAM! This album is amazing!

Musically, it's a laid back blend of Röyksopp, Blonde Redhead and Björk. Beautiful electronic textures with male and female vocals. The DTS Quad mix is phenomenal! You owe it to yourself to get this bad boy NOW!

Symbion Project - Misery In Soliloquy

Symbion%20Project_zpsxluv1vln.jpg

Agreed. Awesome album!

The sonics on this one put me on edge. I can't listen to it.
That's interesting wavelength, I couldn't get enough of the Symbion Project Misery in Soliloquy when I first got it and was concerned about overplaying it so I moved on but the other day was tempted. I never got sonic or content edgy with this but respect your reported sensation. I'm curious, could you be more specific concerning your reaction?

Not necessary bro, just thinking out loud.

That's interesting wavelength, I couldn't get enough of the Symbion Project Misery in Soliloquy when I first got it and was concerned about overplaying it so I moved on but the other day was tempted. I never got sonic or content edgy with this but respect your reported sensation. I'm curious, could you be more specific concerning your reaction?

It's hard to describe. It's not "fingernails on a blackboard" but it falls in that same category in that I just can't stand it. The electronic high-end parts are "overly bright and sound not real" is probably the closest I can get to describing it.

Thanks to The Bright Side!;)

Yes: The few who like progressive ambient music can hear our album Metastasia on Bandcamp or Youtube free.
If some of you would like to get the 5.1 or 7.1 multichannel flac files then you can buy Metastasia on Bandcamp OR you can get them free next month if you promise to write a review on facebook or in here (and I'll make a screenshot for our facebook page: a review betveen 2 lines to 99;)

2 out of 3 members of Odyssey made another band Nexus Six and the album La Grange Point. That’s a tribute to the music of the 70's especially Frank Zappa, Weather Report, David Gilmour/Mike Oldfield, Jean Michel Jarre, Alan Parsons and ELP. That is also mixed in 2.0 and 5.1 surroundsound. Check it out on Bandcamp if you like.
Get the 5.1 mix free next month of La Grange Point if you promise to write a review on facebook or in here.
There is also a free 2.0 and 5.1 mix of the live album: ‘Nexus Six Live Jamsession 20/8 2012

Have fun!:)

PS. Planning a 7.1 mix of Nexus Six *La Grange Point' too;)

Would like to make a thread about review of different surround headphones. I found Asus Strix7.1 are ok for the money. A relative cheap way to get a surround system and can be used or beginners or as gift to those who would like get into the surround world. (my own review)
Any suggest where that thread could start?

Does this include the 5.1 mix for download from Bandcamp when you purchase, or is it only delivered via physical DVD?

I just tried to add 5.1 flac files as bonustracks to bandcamp from Nexus Six (you can get bonustracks if you buy an album), but got the error msg "Multichannel files - not supported".
So Bandcamp doesn't support 5.1...... yet (lets hope they soon will;))

I offer a special download link for those who want the surroundfiles from our albums. But guess most only sell DVDs...

I have spoken to over a dozen artists on Bandcamp now regarding mixing stuff in surround. 8 of them had lost the files, a couple said it is up to the label, and 4 have said I can have stems(1 has provided them at a cost).

There is A LOT of great music on there from bands you will have never of heard of. Search a specific genre eg. Progressive rock; dozens of links for albums will come up, listen to the album for free, donate if you like, message band if you are loving it. Great site!!!!!!!!!!

I have spoken to over a dozen artists on Bandcamp now regarding mixing stuff in surround. 8 of them had lost the files, a couple said it is up to the label, and 4 have said I can have stems(1 has provided them at a cost).

There is A LOT of great music on there from bands you will have never of heard of. Search a specific genre eg. Progressive rock; dozens of links for albums will come up, listen to the album for free, donate if you like, message band if you are loving it. Great site!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to hear the mixes you come up with!

I'd love to hear the mixes you come up with!

Same here! keenly is fast becoming our resident new multichannel mixing man of the moment! :utphumb

maybe artists at Bandcamp will hire him to do some remixes for them for release one day, so that all involved could make a few quid.. we all give enough time gratis to this hobby for the sheer love of it all as it is.. it might be nice if a few here could maybe get something more than a few plaudits for their hard work and expertise, imho.. in my line of business I never presume that anybody's time is without worth :eek:

Same here! keenly is fast becoming our resident new multichannel mixing man of the moment! :utphumb

maybe artists at Bandcamp will hire him to do some remixes for them for release one day, so that all involved could make a few quid.. we all give enough time gratis to this hobby for the sheer love of it all as it is.. it might be nice if a few here could maybe get something more than a few plaudits for their hard work and expertise, imho.. in my line of business I never presume that anybody's time is without worth :eek:

I am not worthy of that, thanks, I am still learning. Sean has also done some nice mixes for stems and multis.

When I finish my room and get my sub placement right, I can really crack on. In the pipeline: Linkin Park singles collection, Lady Gaga best of, S. Wonder EP, Bowie EP(EPS 5 tracks).

Slayer Track EP mixed
Metallica Death Magnetic Mixed
Plus lots of other tracks.

I am not worthy of that, thanks, I am still learning. Sean has also done some nice mixes for stems and multis.

When I finish my room and get my sub placement right, I can really crack on. In the pipeline: Linkin Park singles collection, Lady Gaga best of, S. Wonder EP, Bowie EP(EPS 5 tracks).

Slayer Track EP mixed

Wow! Slayer and Metallica got my interest! :)

Slayer Track EP mixed

Are you doing multichannel mix of them Keenly?:)

Back