Bandcamp - 5.1 surround music releases

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would seem 24/48 Flac files are now available in the directories that contain the Wav and Mp4.
Its a bit of a jumble in there , but Flacs are now there for anyone interested or not-bothered with converting.
Jc

Hi all - Dan from Monsuun here!

Thanks joechip for finding the album and posting it here - I actually never knew of this community before deciding to do the surround mix. It was something I was interesting in trying after hearing Steven Wilson's work. It is essentially a big experiment for me, so I hope it translates OK to all your systems! To be honest, I didn't think there would be any interest in the surround mix, and I did it primarily to satisfy my own curiosity, and desire to hear it in multichannel. :)

The album itself was a huge effort between myself and a friend - we wrote, performed (besides cello), recorded, mixed and mastered everything on the album. I think in total around 600 hours combined between us.

I really appreciate your listens and I hope you all enjoy the album, in stereo or surround!

A link in case it gets lost in the thread: https://monsuun.bandcamp.com/

For surround mixes, look for the Google Drive link - inside you will find .mp4 files (intended for usage with Playstation/Xbox etc.) and .wav and .flac files for those whose set ups are equipped for those formats.

Hi all - Dan from Monsuun here!

Thanks joechip for finding the album and posting it here - I actually never knew of this community before deciding to do the surround mix. It was something I was interesting in trying after hearing Steven Wilson's work. It is essentially a big experiment for me, so I hope it translates OK to all your systems! To be honest, I didn't think there would be any interest in the surround mix, and I did it primarily to satisfy my own curiosity, and desire to hear it in multichannel. :)

The album itself was a huge effort between myself and a friend - we wrote, performed (besides cello), recorded, mixed and mastered everything on the album. I think in total around 600 hours combined between us.

I really appreciate your listens and I hope you all enjoy the album, in stereo or surround!

A link in case it gets lost in the thread: https://monsuun.bandcamp.com/

For surround mixes, look for the Google Drive link - inside you will find .mp4 files (intended for usage with Playstation/Xbox etc.) and .wav and .flac files for those whose set ups are equipped for those formats.

It's an awesome album, Dan! Rest assured you've found an excited audience here. Thanks so much for sharing these links. :) I just bought the album from you guys, too. Glad to have you here, thanks for joining!

It's an awesome album, Dan! Rest assured you've found an excited audience here. Thanks so much for sharing these links. :) I just bought the album from you guys, too. Glad to have you here, thanks for joining!

Thanks Bright Side! Appreciate your support. Glad you're enjoying the album! :music

Thanks for the info, this would be right up my alley. I need to put my stuff on that website.
Hell I'll take $5 for a download.

Received another album from the list:

beaut_zpsarvnadkj.jpg

This one is great!

Got this one in the mail today, listening as we speak. Some MEAN bass on that disc. Great mix, top quality, extraordinary music. Very happy I bought it.

Hi folks!

Have you checked out Odyssey or Nexus Six? – Now we have opened up for shipping out discs. For those who can’t play flac-files we can send you a AVCHD-DVD. They are playable on Blu-ray players and are in 24 bit resolution better than Dolby Digital or CD format. Just ask for one of the formats:
a) Surround 7.1 (multichannel)
b) Surround 5.1 (multichannel)
c) Quad 4.1 (multichannel)
d) Quad 4.0 (multichannel)
e) Stereo 2.0
f) We also can send you a CD (as a CD-R)
The box can be as:
g) 141x123x10 mm jewel-CD case or
h) 190x135x15 mm DVD case or
i) a paper sleeve
Buy it from bandcamp and choose from a) to f) and choose from g) to i)

Have a great day!:)

Last edited:
Now Keith Hopcroft not only is on Surroundmusic.one but also on Bandcamp!
https://keithhopcroft.bandcamp.com/album/route-secondaire

His 1992 rock album (this one with vocals) Downstream is on the way to both web-sites.
The original tracks are lost, but I've today got the firsts numbers transferred from the master stereo mix tapes in 96 kHz 24 bit and it sounds very good!!!
Hope all album are in a good shape and we soon can release them in hi-res stereo and 4.1 upmix.
/Jan:cool:

Bandcamp.com is an online music store, as well as a platform for the promotion of a wonderful collective of artists, where there is a selection of 5.1 surround music titles available across a variety of genres.

Here's a précis of some of the 5.1 music titles from Bandcamp;
Monsterworks - The Existential Codex
5.1 Blu-ray + CD
£9 (British Pounds)
https://monsterworks.bandcamp.com/album/the-existential-codex

So, this was the first one I looked at. I noticed it was free, so I downloaded the FLAC version. It appears to be only 2-channel. Is there any way to know before buying if the download is 5.1+? I've never actually played a surround music audio file, so I'm a little confused about how this works. My only experience with surround music is from discs like DVD-A and Blu-ray.

So, this was the first one I looked at. I noticed it was free, so I downloaded the FLAC version. It appears to be only 2-channel. Is there any way to know before buying if the download is 5.1+? I've never actually played a surround music audio file, so I'm a little confused about how this works. My only experience with surround music is from discs like DVD-A and Blu-ray.

My understanding of bandcamp is that it only allows stereo downloads directly from the site. For multichannel downloads the artist will typically send you a link to dropbox, google drive or the like in a message. At least that's what I did when I offered 5.1 FLAC of my album through bandcamp. Now I have the surround versions of my album hosted on https://surroundmusic.one, which allows direct downloads of multichannel albums.

Back