• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Quadraphonic Quad and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Wanted to Buy: Lafayette SQ-W

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HiVision99

Hello, nice to meet everyone by the way. Hopefully, someone might have one they'd be willing to part with. I had one for a while but on loan until recently (ovbiously I hated to give it back) but I can absolutely hear what the improvements are... I do have an SQ-M, however but it's a big letdown after running that SQ-W, lol. Anyway, name here is Sam and I hope to hear back from a member when they have a minute...

PS: For what it's worth, I'll even throw in a blown subwoofer and a cracked and scratched Loggins and Messina SQ LP towards a coveted SQ-W. That's just the kinda guy I am... :) (Seriously, I have a very reasonable budget towards one to spend.)

Last edited:
I have one I no longer use. It's in very nice condition. I'll take some pics this weekend.

Because I remembered this thread, there is another one up on Ebay:

Lafayette SQ-W

A member here was kind enough to sell me his... It's supposed to be in tomorrow/today. But to be honest, I wouldn't mind having a spare. I've seen this kind of thing happen before where something a bit rare like this SQ-W will show up in "3"'s and then a year or two will go by and never one seen again. So, I'm weighing my options. Regardless, I really appreciate all of the responses and replies.

A member here was kind enough to sell me his... It's supposed to be in tomorrow/today. But to be honest, I wouldn't mind having a spare. I've seen this kind of thing happen before where something a bit rare like this SQ-W will show up in "3"'s and then a year or two will go by and never one seen again. So, I'm weighing my options. Regardless, I really appreciate all of the responses and replies.

Hi. HiVision99

I bought Lafayette SQ-W a view years back from eBay and had it sent to be totally recapped and recalibrated to the service manual spec`s
The person how done the restoring was Jim Showker he restores Sansui Quad receiver & he tock on the Lafayette SQ-W all he needed was a full service manual and boy it sounded fantastic when I got it when finished, I have a Tate 101a and I would say it comes very close in performance to the Tate, if you are into vintage gear go for it.

But I bought into the Surround Master SQ unit this is a modern day device that is equal to the Tate 101a if not better.
To buy into vintage gear you will have to restore it sooner or latter and can cost in the long run.

If you need a good person on restoring vintage gear Jim is the man he has a web site give it a view.
www.qrxrestore.com

Back