Any Dennis Brown Reggae fans here QQ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel John

Wondering about the sonics on this 5.1 DVD-A disc? It's going for less than $10 over on Amazon.ca. If you're familair with this artist/disc please share your recommendation. Thanks in advance.

51mZPrv2WyL.jpg
51OrEVgVudL.jpg

dennis_zpskac47fvj.jpg

A lot of great songs!

But it's not a good surround release, 4.0 - no center or sub on most songs, a very loud recording/medium to low DR. No discrete elements in the rears, mostly a front stereo experience. Engaging dsp's does not help much - for surround.

Thanks for the reply. Strange I have Bob Marley African Herbsman DVD-A and it's the same, so-so recordings, heavy bass and some distortion on a few tracks but defiantly great songs. Seems that reggae is not getting the same recording, mix, mastering treatment as other genres of music. I ended up buying the Dennis Brown disc anyway - can't complain for less than $10.

I agree - I have 4 surround discs of Bob Marley - and Legend is the only one to get - considering surround, but then again - it's a really great!

Back