Surround audio packaging errors, mistakes etc...

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel John

I'm a huge blues music fan especially electric blues (I play guitar as well). So when I saw this disc I had to have it. Upon playback I discovered it's 2 channel only. Great tunes but I was disappointed that's not multichannel as advertised. Not sure why they stuck a Hybrid Multichannel sticker on there.

I'd be interested in knowing about other media that have blatant errors on the packaging.

IMG_0141.jpg

DVD-Video discs get mislabeled as DVD-Audio all the time, and it drives me crazy!
I could come up with a list, but it would take up way too much of my time…

;)

DVD-Video discs get mislabeled as DVD-Audio all the time, and it drives me crazy!
I could come up with a list, but it would take up way too much of my time…

;)

So very true, Ryan.

But I was surprised the other day with Rick Wakeman's -Six Wives Of Henry VIII. !!

The disc states DVD VIDEO but it is a DVDA disc, weird that, as it's rare indeed to see that indication. :rolleyes:

So very true, Ryan.

But I was surprised the other day with Rick Wakeman's -Six Wives Of Henry VIII. !!

The disc states DVD VIDEO but it is a DVDA disc, weird that, as it's rare indeed to see that indication. :rolleyes:

Not only that, but the back of both "Six Wives" and "King Arthur" include such audio streams as "LPCDM" and "DTX"
So yeah, there was basically no proofreading and QC for the packaging and labeling on those releases… ;)

Wasn't Albert King a "rightie"?(he's a leftie here!)

Yeah, tell me about it...so many mistakes on labels, people are VERY SLOPPY!!!

What was on the ELP BSS SACD??? STS????

And to make things worse, Test Pressings are a RARE commodity...that's why we get so many "Replacement discs"...

To quote Bugs ..."aahhh...music hater"

Wasn't Albert King a "rightie"?(he's a leftie here!)

Good catch but apparently he's a south paw. Found this on the Gibson USA site (AK played a Flying V):

Albert King was not only left-handed, he was an upside-down player. King played right-handed guitars (usually Gibson Flying Vs) simply flipped over, so the low E string was nearest his feet. He also used unorthodox tunings, as low as C to allow him to make sweeping string bends.

And techniques differ. Since King played his guitar upside down and not restrung, he would pull the high-E down to bend a note. Many medical studies suggest this makes more sense anyway, as human fingers are “better” at gripping than pushing away.

In most ways, King did everything in reverse – guitars, stringing, bending techniques and chord voicings. That he managed all that and still cemented his place in blues legend is impressive indeed. “I knew I was going to have to create my own style because I couldn’t make the changes and the chords the same as a right-handed man could,” King recalled.

Albert_King_Liri_Blues_1989.jpg

Back