Capitol Q8 sampler - why so high?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe the fact that it's a Capitol Canada only release which means there would be fewer copies out there.

2 songs by 5 different artists:

Paul McCartney and Wings
Pink Floyd
Helen Reddy
Grand Funk Railroad
Steve Miller Band

Let's add some photos or this thread will be irrelevant in five years time.

Q8%201_zpsua5h1yaj.jpg

Q8%203_zpsl9zcfqb5.jpg

Q8%202_zpsitkrdtnj.jpg

Q8%204_zpsmrucegvh.jpg

I have this tape. The Pink Floyd tracks are the same as the USA purple cart quads. Not discrete like the UK releases. Or the recent "Immersion Set" and "Early Years" boxes.
There is an announcer at the end of each track. Luckily he does not talk over any of the songs.

I have this tape. The Pink Floyd tracks are the same as the USA purple cart quads. Not discrete like the UK releases. Or the recent "Immersion Set" and "Early Years" boxes.
There is an announcer at the end of each track. Luckily he does not talk over any of the songs.

You were richer than you thought... :D

I had that tape at one point. There's a post here somewhere where it's discussed.

It is one of the cleanest sounding Q8's out there, or at least it was. Very clear and discrete as I recall. I might even still have the wav's somewhere, but who knows where or when! :)

I'll see if I can find that thread. Standby..........

I had that tape at one point. There's a post here somewhere where it's discussed.

It is one of the cleanest sounding Q8's out there, or at least it was. Very clear and discrete as I recall. I might even still have the wav's somewhere, but who knows where or when! :)

I'll see if I can find that thread. Standby..........

It is discussed in the Archive Project thread here.

Back