Quadraphonic and Surround Group on Facebook

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good show! I would join but I don't do Facebook. Still, a worthy spot just in case this place vanishes one day! :yikes

Thanks Jon, but don't talk like that. QQ will live forever and it surely could not be replaced by a Facebook group!

Hey y'all. I'm not hinting at anything, yet. I'm just saying "good show" and the more places the merrier.

As for this place, well, you know, I can't do this forever. A lot of you are way younger than me. Time will tell. But until then, "Get your emails to Wendy Carlos, K?"

Hey y'all. I'm not hinting at anything, yet. I'm just saying "good show" and the more places the merrier.

As for this place, well, you know, I can't do this forever. A lot of you are way younger than me. Time will tell. But until then, "Get your emails to Wendy Carlos, K?"

I hear ya, Jon. None of us are immortal. I've been running a business for well over 40 years but luckily I have a gal working for me who has literally saved my life (well, NOT literally). At least you have VERY capable moderators whom I'm sure have lessened the burden somewhat and of course we'd all love to have you around FOREVER and couldn't imagine what it would be like without you overseeing your 'Brainchild.'

I'm kinda, sorta on Facebook but it's certainly NO QQ and would hardly be a replacement for this wonderful site.

Up your dose of Centrum Silver. What more can I say?

I joined this Facebook group when it was announced, but a few days ago I "unfollowed ". I felt it was a great group for surround vinyl enthusiasts but not for a plastic disc guy like me.

There's definitely plastic disc discussion there too, so I just comment upon the posts that intrigue me and bypass the ones that don't.

:)

I joined this Facebook group when it was announced, but a few days ago I "unfollowed ". I felt it was a great group for surround vinyl enthusiasts but not for a plastic disc guy like me.

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. The group is completely open to modern surround posts. People have posted DVD-A's, SACD, etc. I have tried to do a few posts about my surround hardware and encouraged others to do so. The group does have a vintage lean so far I admit. Maybe I'll have to prod some surround discussion and spam the Facebook SACD group again. Posting is also a great way to help turn the tides of a group! Sorry again, I don't want anyone to feel left out!

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy it. The group is completely open to modern surround posts. People have posted DVD-A's, SACD, etc. I have tried to do a few posts about my surround hardware and encouraged others to do so. The group does have a vintage lean so far I admit. Maybe I'll have to prod some surround discussion and spam the Facebook SACD group again. Posting is also a great way to help turn the tides of a group! Sorry again, I don't want anyone to feel left out!

Don't apologize. Not everyone can hear that vinyl presents the best sound. I feel badly for those people, but they seem happy enough in their blissful little bubbles. :confused:

The group reminded me I have an account on here! Thanks, Q8. ;)

I think its less that the group ignores plastic disc and more that the group has an emphasis on quadraphonic formats....which had much less presence on the plastic discs obviously! With that being said, since its inception & like Q8 said, I've seen a number of threads come up about SACD/DVD-A and Dolby/SQ-encoded CDs. Everyone is welcome!

The group is growing every day! I'm glad so many of you have decided to participate!

We are up to like 488 members or so! If you forgot or didn't know about it, join us! Maybe we can get to 500 today!

Just to let you know, we have reached 1000 members and are still growing! Great posts every day!

number_1000.png

Facebook.

No thanks.

I have a love/hate relationship with it. It is basically social masturbation, look at me, look where I am, what I just did, where I was able to afford to eat, etc. Then there's the political and religious BS. Then you read about Facebook doing all kinds of things with your information, etc.

Facebook.

No thanks.

I have a love/hate relationship with it. It is basically social masturbation, look at me, look where I am, what I just did, where I was able to afford to eat, etc. Then there's the political and religious BS. Then you read about Facebook doing all kinds of things with your information, etc.

I too have been reluctant to sign up due to privacy concerns. I saw a documentary regarding Facebook where it was explained that by signing up you grant them access to see your browsing history even when not connected to the Facebook site. I suspect that by now there are ways of opting out of this "feature," but does Facebook provide an easy and obvious avenue to do this? Incognito/private browsing is always possible, but it's a PITA signing-in to benign sites (like QQ) every time one visits.

Back