Roger Waters - Is this the life we really want?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

César

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Something is going on, at last: http://www.roger-waters.com/

It may be anything, from the announcement of a full scale new tour, a documentary or the new album. In the latter case, he said that his new record was made for surround, so there's some hope...

If it's indeed his new solo work, I find it of arguable taste to have it named Us + Them. Let's wait and see what it becomes

Something is going on, at last: http://www.roger-waters.com/

It may be anything, from the announcement of a full scale new tour, a documentary or the new album. In the latter case, he said that his new record was made for surround, so there's some hope...

If it's indeed his new solo work, I find it of arguable taste to have it named Us + Them. Let's wait and see what it becomes

New album with world tour starting in May....expected to last 2 years

Ya but Guthrie has already said he will make sure the album is only released in mono:p

I'm going for the one trick pony:

The Wall in surround with another world tour playing The Wall - but this time in surround :)

Edit: Having viewed the short teaser video I'm hoping Us and Them is going to be Roger, David & Nick playing Pink Floyd's music. But that's probably too much to even hope for.

I really hope that's what it is, and I would think Roger would have the good sense to not name his new album of new material that. Us + Them would be a perfect title for a documentary about that tour, particularly since it courted controversy among people who went because of "Leaving Beirut". Dave Kilminster linked to it on his Facebook page saying "Yes, it's actually happening!!!" which makes me think that's what it could be. If there is a tour planned for May, presumably right around the time the album will come out, there isn't going to be much promotion for it this early on.

A new tour (with new music!):
http://rogerwaters.com

Roger Waters - Us + Them
Roger Waters will return to North America in 2017 with a pioneering new tour, US + Them. Tickets go on sale Friday, October 21.

"We are going to take a new show on the road, the content is very secret," said Roger Waters. "It'll be a mixture of stuff from my long career, stuff from my years with Pink Floyd, some new things. Probably 75% of it will be old material and 25% will be new, but it will be all connected by a general theme. It will be a cool show, I promise you. It'll be spectacular like all my shows have been.”

Roger Waters' legendary live performances are renowned as immersive sensory experiences featuring high class, state-of-the-art audio visual production and breathtaking quad sound. This new tour promises to be no exception; following months of meticulous planning and visionary craft, US + Them will inspire crowds with its powerful delivery and take the audience on an unforgettable musical journey.

VIP package sales and Citi presale tickets will begin on Monday, October 17. Citi is the official credit card of the Roger Waters – Us + Them 2017 tour. Citi cardmembers will have access to presale tickets for US dates only beginning on Monday, October 17 at 10am local time through Citi’s Private Pass Program. For complete Citi presale details visit www.citiprivatepass.com.

DATE CITY VENUE TICKETS
May 26 Kansas City, MO Sprint Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
May 28 Louisville, KY KFC Yum! Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
May 30 St. Louis, MO Scottrade Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Jun 1 Tulsa, OK BOK Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Jun 3 Denver, CO Pepsi Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Jun 7 San Jose, CA SAP Center at San Jose 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Jun 12 Sacramento, CA Golden 1 Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Jun 14 Phoenix, AZ Gila River Arena 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Jun 16 Las Vegas, NV T-Mobile Arena 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Jun 20 Los Angeles, CA STAPLES Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Jun 21 Los Angeles, CA STAPLES Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Jun 24 Seattle, WA Tacoma Dome 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Jul 3 Dallas, TX American Airlines Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Jul 6 Houston, TX Toyota Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Jul 11 Tampa, FL Amalie Arena 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Jul 13 Miami, FL AmericanAirlines Arena 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Jul 16 Atlanta, GA Infinite Energy Arena 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Jul 18 Greensboro, NC Greensboro Coliseum 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Jul 20 Columbus, OH Nationwide Arena 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Jul 22 Chicago, IL United Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Jul 23 Chicago, IL United Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Jul 26 St. Paul, MN Xcel Energy Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Aug 2 Detroit, MI The Palace of Auburn Hills 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Aug 4 Washington, DC Verizon Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Aug 8 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Aug 9 Philadelphia, PA Wells Fargo Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Sep 7 Newark, NJ Prudential Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Sep 11 Brooklyn, NY Barclays Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Sep 12 Brooklyn, NY Barclays Center 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Sep 15 Uniondale, NY Nassau Coliseum 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Sep 19 Pittsburgh, PA PPG Paints Arena 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Sep 27 Boston, MA TD Garden 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Sep 28 Boston, MA TD Garden 10/17 for Citi & 10/21 Public
Oct 2 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre 10/21 Public
Oct 3 Toronto, ON Air Canada Centre 10/21 Public
Oct 6 Quebec City, QC Videotron Centre 10/21 Public
Oct 10 Ottawa, ON Canadian Tire Centre 10/21 Public
Oct 16 Montreal, QC Bell Centre 10/21 Public
Oct 24 Edmonton, AB Rogers Place 10/21 Public
Oct 28 Vancouver, BC Rogers Arena 10/21 Public

San Antonio and Winnipeg shows to be added.

Ya gotta love how far in advance they get their cash. The show I'd most likely attend off the list is Toronto. The shows are 10/2/17 and 10/3/17 but the tickets go on sale on 10/21/16. I wonder how much interest that accumulates in a year?

Bringing his show around to us again.

Got to witness his last quad show here, but my seating ...wow lacked the full aural presentation I'm afraid.
Think a box ....four corners and sitting up topwise ..back corner.
But even at that there was some ? quad surround to be had. Gotta grab a better "sweet spot" this time.

Best part of the promo video is the end, when Roger fake reads from his palm: "from the creative genius of pink floyd". Laughing about himself or about all the comments in the forums?
I guess there'll be an European leg for the tour and I really hope the album will be released in the meantime

Regarding the title, at first I thought US + Them could have meant U.S. as in United States.... ya gotta figure there would be a significant anti-war theme running through it... it does kinda sound that way. Ya know the man is into his anti-war themes.

Last edited:
Back