multichannel amplifiers for involve surround master

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

inkubuzz

400 Club - QQ All-Star
Hi guys, im looking for a 5.1 amp that has multichannel inputs, basically i want to connect my stereo sources to my involve surround master and that to the amp, but i cant find amps with multichannel inputs, all hdmi. can only find very expensive multichannel amps and I dont need fancy stuff, just good.

The one I had, is burnt, no fixing for that one. It had 120V power and here in Chile we got 240V, I had it connected to a transformer and my nanny cleaned behind it, disconnected it from the transformer and when finished she connected it directly to the AC and when i turned it on...smoke..:yikes

Hi guys, im looking for a 5.1 amp that has multichannel inputs, basically i want to connect my stereo sources to my involve surround master and that to the amp, but i cant find amps with multichannel inputs, all hdmi. can only find very expensive multichannel amps and I dont need fancy stuff, just good.
First, if you are finding "amps" with HDMI inputs, you are not looking at amplifiers but at A/V receivers. Second, there are AVRs with multichannel analog inputs but, as you note, they tend to be among the more expensive models.

So, tell us what you really want. If you need only multichannel analog inputs and no HDMI or DD/dts decoding, a simple device like the MCP-18 might do (http://catalog.audioadvisor.com/publication/index.php?i=215899&m=&l=&p=6&pre=&ver=html5#{"page":6,"issue_id":215899}). Alternatively, the Parasound P7 is excellent.

What kind of equipment do you already have? You probably already have an amp? I do have a second hand multichannel pre amp for sale, the Atoll PR 5.1. Depending on what you already have, it might be worth a try, as it has two sets of analog inputs. Let me know.

I had an amp, burned, a yamaha rv-1010, but i want to check for a multinchannel amp, just for music, but in the end i bought a used Pioneer Elite vsx41, and use it as music amplifier,

the yamaha i will see if it can be fixed and use it for AV purposes.

thanks

Back