Vocal groups

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OdysseyMusik

400 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter
Hi everyone!

If some of you likes listen to vocal groups I’ve made a 5.1 mix of our December concert. The mics and record-planning could have been better but if you are interested then check out Soundcloud (with a free 5.1 24bit downloadlink) on: https://soundcloud.com/blue-covers/sets/x-mas-concert-8-dec-2016.
The setlist:
setlist.png

Hope some of you will enjoy!
Hi from Jan:D

If anybody's due for a 5.1 remix project, it would be a group that deserves he monicker, "Singers Unlimited". There's gold in those old MPS masters: my last listen to their "Magic Voices" box set definitely shows more surprises than hokey, dated covers (far above what most "beautiful music" acts were doing throughout the 1970s)!

Ex-Hi-Lo arranger Gene Peurling finally got the group he was dreaming of with these world-class jingle-singing wizards, and just in time for multichannel recording to match the colors he heard in his noggin. If the original masters came out to play, whomever gets the chance to play with them track-by-track, will find plenty to work with, scattering soloists, groupings and doubled/tripled/quadrupled(!) parts around the soundstage!

The New York Voices isn't going to be my first surround holiday purchase; instead I'm gonna hold off, and hold my breath until the SUs' debut album "Christmas" gets dusted-off. If I could have that alone in 5.1, I could die happy...but God knows there's definitely enough jaw-dropping pieces in their catalogue to justify at least 2 solid blu-rays of stacked and nested chords that came from Heaven, lurking in their ensuing 10 LPs!

(And, as long as we're raiding the MPS vaults in my dreams, George Dukes' post-Zappa/pre-Epic work really deserves a fresh look!)

Ohhhh, if only I ran the zoo...!

Back