RARE EARTH GET READY RARE EARTH CD4W-7105 Japan OBI 4Channel Vinyl LP

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well let's just hope-Gene !

Hope for Mercury Records to wipe the dust off the Quad Multi's in decaying storage and surprise us with (likely) Blu-rays of all Five Quads of BTO...........Hell I'd settle for a Best of BTO Quads , they do have a lot of AM and FM hits , so you never know. :D

Had all five of their Q8'S and now it's time for Mercury to upgrade. There is surround activity from that label after all..

BTO was perhaps bigger in Canada than The Guess Who in the mid seventies. I was one of those that wasn't really a fan at first, I felt that the music was too simple.
Randy Bachman had formed a group called Brave Belt along with Chad Allan right after leaving The Guess Who. Those two (Brave Belt) albums where more folk and country flavoured rock but both are excellent! I recommend Brave Belt II to all BTO fans, many tracks are pure BTO, the harder edged sound caused Chad Allen to leave the group. Brave Belt II was re-released as Bachman Turner Bachman, to capitalize on Bachman Turner Overdrive's success.
As for the Quads, that's when I really started to love BTO, every one is excellent all channels are equally busy at all times, as I recall the vocals are all full centre which sounds great if the speakers are placed more traditionally. To me stereo versions are unlistenable after this. I have the DTS CD of Not Fragile, good sound but could of been better. I like the first album the most but my favourite BTO song is "She's A Devil" from Four Wheel Drive, released as a single but barely charted.
I would snap up a Blu-ray or SACD set for sure.

Back