RARE EARTH GET READY RARE EARTH CD4W-7105 Japan OBI 4Channel Vinyl LP

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbillquad

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
New Zealand . Hobsonville Rd. West Harbour
Hi. All

I bidded on this CD-4 but went waaaaaaay over my budget

Item condition:
Used
Ended:
Feb 19, 2017 , 6:51AM
Winning bid:
US $565.00
[ 18 bids ]
Shipping:
$15.00 Economy International Shipping \l "
Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan
SOLD
$565.00 US.

1297842.jpg

Don't worry Bill, I've been there as well so I know how it feels. Hopefully the record will be in good nick so you get to fully enjoy it.

I've also been there. I generally try and sell off a few dupes I've had around to soften the blow. Sometimes just selling things off I'll never miss in order to pay for those "must haves". It's worth it to have those special things in minty shape, and you are worth it. Tell yourself that!

I've also been there. I generally try and sell off a few dupes I've had around to soften the blow. Sometimes just selling things off I'll never miss in order to pay for those "must haves". It's worth it to have those special things in minty shape, and you are worth it. Tell yourself that!

Yes I try and tell my self I am worth it, BUT I have Scotish blood in me and I can only see that I can buy a lot of good 4Channel LP`s for $500.00+.....:rolleyes:......

Not a big suprise for the final price, it's the rarest of the Motown CD4 batch.
I would had been shocked if it ended at the price i got "What's going on"...

Hi. All

I bidded on this CD-4 but went waaaaaaay over my budget

Item condition:
Used
Ended:
Feb 19, 2017 , 6:51AM
Winning bid:
US $565.00
[ 18 bids ]
Shipping:
$15.00 Economy International Shipping \l "
Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan
SOLD
$565.00 US.

View attachment 28704

Whoa,
Hope it plays, BBQ

Sorry to hear you didn't win Bill. That is a lot of money.

Yes I would of liked to have this LP, I have already over spent in the last couple of months so I could only go as fare as $100.00 US. sadly.
Bill..

Don't worry, I have a hunch you'll find one eventually. :)

Hi. All

This is another CD-4 LP I was bidding on a little while ago and lost out on.

BACHMAN TUNER OVERDRIVE SAME MERCURY 4DX-56 Japan OBI 4Channel Vinyl LP

Item Information
Item condition:
Used
Ended: Apr 12, 2017 , 6:18AM

Winning bid:
US $306.56
Approximately NZD443.45

[ 12 bids ]

View attachment 29213

wow.. I don't want this one particularly I'm not into BTO enough (though if I came across a cheap enough copy I'd go for it of course who wouldn't!) but dearie me the prices these things are going for on eBay is quite something.. people literally must have more money than sense.. some QQ-ers think I am profligate with my spending but $306 US is roughly £230 at the moment and in an average month I can pick up a load of albums on various formats in Stereo/Quad/5.1 for that kind of money, its mad! :yikes

wow.. I don't want this one particularly I'm not into BTO enough (though if I came across a cheap enough copy I'd go for it of course who wouldn't!) but dearie me the prices these things are going for on eBay is quite something.. people literally must have more money than sense.. some QQ-ers think I am profligate with my spending but $306 US is roughly £230 at the moment and in an average month I can pick up a load of albums on various formats in Stereo/Quad/5.1 for that kind of money, its mad! :yikes

Well, there is a song on the album called Gimme Your Money Please. I think it applied in this case. ;)

My favourite BTO Album is the first album . Love "Blue Collar " the hit single. I find the rest of their albums a little hard core , but still worthwhile .
Don't think I'd pay that much for it though . (Oh yeah don't play CD-4 anymore---a great reason not to collect 'em.)
Looks like a very good disc though.

Wonder why Mercury Records doesn't re-issue them ? They have released other surround titles like Rush , Allman Bros. and recently Alan Parsons ?
They seem willing, maybe the artist has to drive the demand ? Oh well in time perhaps.

My favourite BTO Album is the first album . Love "Blue Collar " the hit single. I find the rest of their albums a little hard core , but still worthwhile .
Don't think I'd pay that much for it though . (Oh yeah don't play CD-4 anymore---a great reason not to collect 'em.)
Looks like a very good disc though.

Wonder why Mercury Records doesn't re-issue them ? They have released other surround titles like Rush , Allman Bros. and recently Alan Parsons ?
They seem willing, maybe the artist has to drive the demand ? Oh well in time perhaps.

I love BTO! They were very popular in the midwest US during the 70's. Everybody I knew had BTO playing in their cars. A nice clean Quad SACD of them would be an instant purchase for me.

I love BTO! They were very popular in the midwest US during the 70's. Everybody I knew had BTO playing in their cars. A nice clean Quad SACD of them would be an instant purchase for me.

Well let's just hope-Gene !

Hope for Mercury Records to wipe the dust off the Quad Multi's in decaying storage and surprise us with (likely) Blu-rays of all Five Quads of BTO...........Hell I'd settle for a Best of BTO Quads , they do have a lot of AM and FM hits , so you never know. :D

Had all five of their Q8'S and now it's time for Mercury to upgrade. There is surround activity from that label after all..

Back