Grimspound - Big Big Train new album in April 2017

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Trust me, thanks to the Facebook group, the band and their engineer Rob are all fully aware that we want more Big Big Train in surround sound. They have thought things through, and if they have decided that surround sound is not worth the time and expense for this particular release, then so be it.

Trust me, thanks to the Facebook group, the band and their engineer Rob are all fully aware that we want more Big Big Train in surround sound. They have thought things through, and if they have decided that surround sound is not worth the time and expense for this particular release, then so be it.
Got the following reply from Greg Spawton in twitter:
@cesar_eeg no plans right now but we will be looking at 5.1 Audio releases in the future.

So there's always some hope!

Greg has mentioned that they intend to re-release The Underfall Yard in 5.1 in 2019, as a ten yr anniversary edition, as well as Vinyl.

Only two more years to go till the 10th anniversary. Does this mean the new album will be released in 5.1 in 2027 :)

I know you're joking, but like most bands they appear to be hesitant of anything that's financially risky so if this sells enough in 2019 then they'll probably release more sooner rather than later, from what I can tell Rob Aubrey is a massive fan of surround no doubt helped by the positive sales & reviews of Stone & Steel.

...from what I can tell Rob Aubrey is a massive fan of surround no doubt helped by the positive sales & reviews of Stone & Steel.
Actually, I don't think he is. I seem to remember chatter from him and the band around the time Stone & Steel was being mixed that none of them were very comfortable with surround, but they would do it anyway due to fan demand as an experiment.

Back