Patto!!!!! at long last, a DECENT and LEGAL rerelease of their 1st and 2nd LPs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kap'n krunch

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
Well, whaddayaknow?????

Even John "the Admiral" Halsey is involved and the members and their family will get some money!!!

Cherry Red Records will issue the 1st S/T LP with extra cuts on 1 CD

PATTO-same-600x600.jpg and
their second one, "Hold your Fire" on a 2 CD set
PATTO-Hold-Your-Fire-600x600.jpg.

I really can't stress how AWESOME those LPs are....not only was Ollie Halsall a GENIUS during that era , but Mike Patto was one of the best voices EVER...and of course, we get the Admiral (the "Ringo" in The Rutles) and Clive Griffith's awesome bass....

I HIGHLY recommend these....

BTW, Ollie was a huge influence on Andy Partridge....

CD by Esoteric I have already ordered I love Ollie's work with Kevin Ayers and was starting to try and deep dive him (If I can say that without being rude or disrespectful).

Picked up the Beggin' the compilation CD of Timebox the pre Patto band and its great

Ollie Ollie Ollie \o/ Thank You Kap for the link

:banana::banana::banana:

Hmmmmm. CD's. Haven't purchased a CD in years. :)

Well, if you want Hard Rock, etc..., there's not much choice, GOS. :rolleyes:
But, I can only bear to listen to Classical CDs in the car these days. :steering:

Well, if you want Hard Rock, etc..., there's not much choice, GOS. :rolleyes:
But, I can only bear to listen to Classical CDs in the car these days. :steering:

Well, Brett listening to classical CDs in the car is probably a whole lot better than listening to Jackson Browne's Running on Empty....and then running out of gas.:yikes

BTW, who is PATTO? Never heard of them.

Well, Brett listening to classical CDs in the car is probably a whole lot better than listening to Jackson Browne's Running on Empty....and then running out of gas.:yikes

BTW, who is PATTO? Never heard of them.

As you're into Rod Stewart's husky voice and Markie's into heavy duty guitar, this early 70s bluesy British Prog Rock should be right up you guys' alley. Definitely worth checking out. :sun

Those Classical CDs are running a bit thin, Ralphie.

This is exciting indeed, very good records, especially the first.

I love all of them, but I think the pinnacle is the 2nd one...

I've mentioned that I worked with Ollie in Madrid in 91 (and I didn't know who he was back then!!!)..and I met the Admiral a couple of years ago!!!!!

must find them on vinyl, the quest begins

oh, I got the first three on LP..but forget about it if you want the UK pressings....your best bet are US pressings...I got lucky with the 1st (a USA PROMO Radio pressing!!!! which had NOT BEEN EVER PLAYED)...the 2nd one was a bit more used(and UK pressings, since there were about 5000 pressed, they are REALLY EXPENSIVE) but still OK, but RESEPALO was quite a challenge...

thanks good to know, so the hunt is on for USA pressings

Back