Carole King Tapestry 5.1 from Sony Music HK (Feb 2017)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundboy

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Coming next Monday

From HK Sony Music, reissue of single-layer stereo SACD of Carole King's "Tapestry" and Celine Dion's "All The Way....A Decade of Song". First 500 copies of each title will be individually numbered. Pressed in EU. MSRP is approximately $32.00/disc.

32567384300_5086c38ef0_c.jpg

Coming next Monday

From HK Sony Music, reissue of single-layer stereo SACD of Carole King's "Tapestry" and Celine Dion's "All The Way....A Decade of Song". First 500 copies of each title will be individually numbered. Pressed in EU. MSRP is approximately $32.00/disc.

32567384300_5086c38ef0_c.jpg

Thanks for the update, soundboy..

Fortunately, I have both on multichannel SACD.

Are we absolutely certain that the Celine Dion and Carole King SACDs are stereo only?
Look at the pictures for these SACDs on preorder from amazon.com:
https://www.amazon.com/All-Way-Decade-Song-Best/dp/B0000635ZN/
https://www.amazon.com/Tapestry/dp/B00005UOU7/

Front and Rear of both upcoming HK SACDs indeed indicate multichannel. As far as being single~layered, that part might be questionable. But it would be great having these mch gems available again and of course those who buy their discs from either ImportCD or Deep Discount should expect them to hover around the $28~$32 price point.

Good sleuthing, rt!

Wonder if the upcoming HK SACD of Billy Joel "The Stranger" will also be multichannel?

And, if so, perhaps another conduit for Santana multichannel SACD releases! Sony HK did, after all, release a Best of SANTANA collection last year, albeit in Stereo [and ALL HK Universal/SONY SACDs are pressed in Japan].

Does anyone know if this is a legit 5.1 reissue? If it is how does it sound?

"Carole King - Tapestry SACD"

Limited Numbered Edition (First 1000 pressings!!!)

DSD Multi-Channel & Stereo Super Audio CD

***Please note that this "Single Layer" SACD requires an SACD player for playback. This will NOT be playable on regular CD player.***

Made in E.U.

Released by Sony Music Entertainment in 2017

That's a pretty feeble preliminary description, lacking details or even an image of the actual item. I realize it's an 'import' but that's all the more reason to have a good description at those prices.

Agreed. And I wouldn't purchase unless it's confirmed that it is indeed multichannel. I did check out HRAudio.net and CDJapan and neither lists this upcoming release.

But again, SONY hasn't produced any single layered SACDs since way back in the early 00's so perhaps they're competing with Universal's single layered SHM~SACDs.

As bmoura pointed out: the mch stickers on the HK import of Tapestry [displayed in the AmazonUS listing] sport the original 2000 ones so unless it's absolutely confirmed it is a single layered mch SACD, BUYER BEWARE!

It would also be desirable to know whether it's a NEW DSD remaster from the original analogue tapes or the original 2000 DSD remaster.

The Amazon listing has an image of the back of the packaging indicating multichannel in addition to the sticker on the front.

I must admit, the photo looks like it came from 2000. I have an original 2.0 sacd in cardboard sleeve, hybid-
confused as to why it's only hybrid. anyone get it yet?

I must admit, the photo looks like it came from 2000. I have an original 2.0 sacd in cardboard sleeve, hybid-
confused as to why it's only hybrid. anyone get it yet?

I took a chance on this and it's on its way from ImportCD. Will let you know hopefully by the end of the week.

Back