Can't find the Multichannel layer on "Channel Classics" disc

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

key_wiz

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
So I bought this set from "Channel Classics" --- Rachel Podger "Vivaldi: La Stravaganza" --- but I can't seem to find the multichannel layer anywhere.

Both the case and the discs themselves have the STEREO/MULTI-CH logo. The discs also have the "Compact Disc" logo as well.

Put it in the player and it plays like a regular stereo CD and the player tells me its a CD and not a SACD. (Player is set to default to MC playback). The CD/SACD button on the remote changes nothing. Tried it in a different player and same result. I put it in the computer to see if I could somehow fish out the MC files and it only looks to be a regular CD.

Appears to be a mis-marked disc (neither disc works properly, BTW), but I didn't know they even released these sets in a regular CD version. Are these are just CDs (not SACDs) that have MC encoded? Then again, it's the first time I've dealt with any product from this label.

Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

So I bought this set from "Channel Classics" --- Rachel Podger "Vivaldi: La Stravaganza" --- but I can't seem to find the multichannel layer anywhere.

Both the case and the discs themselves have the STEREO/MULTI-CH logo. The discs also have the "Compact Disc" logo as well.

Put it in the player and it plays like a regular stereo CD and the player tells me its a CD and not a SACD. (Player is set to default to MC playback). The CD/SACD button on the remote changes nothing. Tried it in a different player and same result. I put it in the computer to see if I could somehow fish out the MC files and it only looks to be a regular CD.

Appears to be a mis-marked disc (neither disc works properly, BTW), but I didn't know they even released these sets in a regular CD version. Are these are just CDs (not SACDs) that have MC encoded? Then again, it's the first time I've dealt with any product from this label.

Is there something I'm doing wrong here?

I have this CC release. It is definitely a multi-channel SACD. Here's a photo of discs and back cover for reference. I would be surprised if they gave you two bad discs, but it is possible....

Good Luck!

33188997156_dd9862c3b5_b.jpg

I have this CC release. It is definitely a multi-channel SACD. Here's a photo of discs and back cover for reference. I would be surprised if they gave you two bad discs, but it is possible....

Good Luck!

View attachment 28804

Well, those are what mine look like but minus the SACD logo on both the discs and the package.

So I guess I just got a regular CD version that says "multi-channel" anyway?

Hmmmm...

IMG_2823.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2820.jpg
    IMG_2820.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 119
Looking closer at the differences between your discs and mine, it appears I have some sort of Musical Heritage Society reissue of the set.

Awww...crap! Well, I least I know what happened now....

Back