Jazz At The Pawnshop 30th Anniversary Edition - 3 SACD/DVD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sbrom

701 Club - QQ All-Star
QQ Supporter

Anyone heard this and care to comment on sound/surround quality?

Seems to have a reputation as a great demo recording some other circles.

The musicianship seems good, based on a quick listen on Spotify.

Thanks,
Steve

Anyone heard this and care to comment on sound/surround quality?

Seems to have a reputation as a great demo recording some other circles.

The musicianship seems good, based on a quick listen on Spotify.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve, I've had this 'classic' album for years. Never watched the DVD, however. This recording was prized for its audiophile quality but in terms of musicianship don't expect anything along the lines of the jazz greats of yesteryear. The track "Limehouse Blues" has always been considered the stand~out cut but all in all it's a very enjoyable outing.

BTW, I did buy it for a great price way back when and I've seen it go as high as $100+. If you can find a good deal on it, I'd say GO FOR IT. The album is multichannel but mainly ambience in the rears....no discrete elements. Packaged as a box set with an informative soft covered booklet.

Steve, I've had this 'classic' album for years. Never watched the DVD, however. This recording was prized for its audiophile quality but in terms of musicianship don't expect anything along the lines of the jazz greats of yesteryear. The track "Limehouse Blues" has always been considered the stand~out cut but all in all it's a very enjoyable outing.

BTW, I did buy it for a great price way back when and I've seen it go as high as $100+. If you can find a good deal on it, I'd say GO FOR IT. The album is multichannel but mainly ambience in the rears....no discrete elements. Packaged as a box set with an informative soft covered booklet.

Thanks for the insight. I snagged a new one for a great price, under $30 shipped. :)

Back