Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 50th Anniversary Reissue (with 5.1 surround mix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to swap out of the 'moose and go Amazon to use a $100 Amex gift card up. They'll contact me to get that sorted but now I can say I'm in the game.

(straightens tie, gets reflective, pulls the ladder up after him)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now you're talking... You mean, this coming Friday sort of thing? :)

Hmmm checked my Amazon order status and it now says ARRIVING FRIDAY MAY 26th :banana::banana::banana:

Yep, not only did I use to smoke pot but I actually was one of the authors of Proposition 215, the medical cannabis prop that started the whole legalization ball rolling.:banana::banana::banana::banana:

No kidding? You are due for the buddy of the month award! Pin a rose on you! I too once :rolleyes: smoked it
yes I remember the good old days, like it was yesterday, oh wait! It was yesterday! :confused:

Yep, not only did I use to smoke pot but I actually was one of the authors of Proposition 215, the medical cannabis prop that started the whole legalization ball rolling.:banana::banana::banana::banana:

GREAT to hear that seilerbird.

I've always found it rather ironic that alcohol remains legal when millions of people a year die from drunk Drivers and it's also a prime cause of domestic violence. I have a friend who's a retired Police detective who's vehemently opposed to MJ and I once posed the question to him: "Have you ever had to respond to violence breaking out in a marijuana den?" He answered NO.

As far as MJ leading to stronger drugs....my answer is, yeah, the desire for a better grade of MJ.:banana:

Legalize POT and make alcohol illegal. But again, that's TOO EASY.

Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds [LSD].......well, if you like Lost Weekends..........Been there, done that Too....NO thanks!

Okay probably time to reel this topic back in!

Amazon will have to contact me as the Amex gift card is $100 and this went unrecognized! Maybe they run it tomorrow? I really am interested to hear everything included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You know I'm smitten with this release, when last night I was grinding some fresh pepper on my grilled burgers...and I instantly thought of SGT Pepper! A few more days gang... :yikes

Here's a picture of the Blu-Ray's audio playback screen (courtesy of Paul Sinclair and SuperDeluxeEdition.com) I love it! It's almost just as I imagined it would be. Simple, yet effective, with easy access to all album tracks and audio options!

:)

DAbjFD0XsAA0DCm.jpg:large

Here's a picture of the Blu-Ray's audio playback screen (courtesy of Paul Sinclair and SuperDeluxeEdition.com) I love it! It's almost just as I imagined it would be. Simple, yet effective, with easy access to all album tracks and audio options!

THAT...looks awesome. I love it too. :banana:

You know I'm smitten with this release, when last night I was grinding some fresh pepper on my grilled burgers...and I instantly thought of SGT Pepper! A few more days gang... :yikes

atta pepper! I got a Pepper grinder, to put fresh pepper on my food, drink Dr pepper when I get thirsty, and enjoy Hot Peppers on salad and Pepper sauce on tuna. Then I listen to what else? How many days left now?? start counting hours that's how many! :music

Thanks! Nice to see it's closer to Pet Sounds' simplicity than 1+. Track titles and audio settings on one page makes it easier to know if you remembered to switch from my pet peeve: defaulting to stereo.

Paul Sinclair (from Super Deluxe Edition) has written a very thorough review of the 5.1 mix here:
http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/r...surround-sound-mix-of-the-beatles-sgt-pepper/

10 tracks (including "Penny Lane") are labeled as having 'Good' 5.1 mixes
3 tracks are labeled as having 'Very Good' 5.1 mixes
Finally 2 tracks are labeled as having 'Stunning' 5.1 mixes (and one of them is "Strawberry Fields Forever")

In closing:
I’m glad Apple/Universal commissioned a 5.1 version of Sgt. Pepper, but this isn’t a mix to invite your friends around to blow them away with the sounds-flying-around-the-room experience of surround sound. Neither is it a mix that reveals hitherto unheard instrumentation or makes you love the album more than you already do. It isn’t particularly ‘immersive’ I have to say, but neither is it boring. It’s somewhere in between.

More at the link above.

I was quite surprised to receive this from ImportCDs this afternoon, three days early. Can't wait to give it a listen this evening..

Back