Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 50th Anniversary Reissue (with 5.1 surround mix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, seriously. I just made the mistake of visiting SHF/Pepper thread. OMG!!! What a trainwreck of negativity, unfounded paranoia and overall...bad vibes.

WOW!!!!! I am NOT going back there again with regard to this release. I've always heard...but wow. Wow, just wow. Do they have writers who plot those posts? lol:chill
It is completely unbelievable the crap they come up with. Total hate because they left off Carnival of Light and Only a Northern Song.

OK, seriously. I just made the mistake of visiting SHF/Pepper thread. OMG!!! What a trainwreck of negativity, unfounded paranoia and overall...bad vibes.

WOW!!!!! I am NOT going back there again with regard to this release. I've always heard...but wow. Wow, just wow. Do they have writers who plot those posts? lol:chill

Well, it's their loss hey? :music

UPDATE:
Sgt. Pepper thread back on SHF. I guess it got ugly this AM and got shutoff & cleaned.
So, y'all can continue to NOT go to that thread after all.

The Sgt. Pepper thread has been "re-engineered" on SHF.
Renamed & filtered somehow only 60 some pages from like 900.

Thanks GOS. Thanks a lot.
Looks like your visit put the thread into the recycle bin ;)

Last edited:
Weird, I was lucky to get an order in with Amazon.IT too before they stopped accepting orders. I cancelled my order as Music Direct was only $10 more and I felt the shipping will be safer and FASTER.

Weird, I was lucky to get an order in with Amazon.IT too before they stopped accepting orders. I cancelled my order as Music Direct was only $10 more and I felt the shipping will be safer and FASTER.
I preordered from Amazon.it way back on April 6th @ €96.42, soon to be charged, coming out to around $107.13. I guess that's only $10 less than the current price from Amazon.com, but, hey: $10 is $10. I'll take my chances and fall back on Amazon's all-too-eager customer service (in my experience) should problems arise.

I likewise just placed my order with Music Direct as with the 20% off promo and free Fed Ex shipping [and NO sales tax], I thought it would be the most prudent route. $114.39 delivered price.

You know, what just occurred to me is those folks at SHF (and I guess I don't really know why) simply dissect every single second...of every single song. Not only that...they dissect exactly at what minute degree each note of each instrument shows up in the sound field. Both mono, stereo, remix, downmix, upmix, blah, blah. Man. If I had enough time to do that...well, I guess I'd have a different job wouldn't I?

Anyway, what occurred to me is - some get all up in arms if something doesn't sound exactly like "their" favorite version. Point being - while I'm a huge Beatles fan, I'm not the kind of guy that dissects each part. I just listen. To the sum of all the parts. I think that's called a music fan. So, I have absolutely ZERO concern about this release and I am quite sure that I will be blown away by how this box sounds. I just can't wait...

I'm sure it won't be a dud. But for the asking price it's got to have a decent value proposition. On the other hand, some Beatles' fans will eat up everything that comes out regardless of quality/cost.

I'm looking forward to the reviews then I'll decide if I take the plunge.

UPDATE:
The Sgt. Pepper thread has been "re-engineered" on SHF.
Renamed & filtered somehow only 60 some pages from like 900.

Doesn't seem so...

currently h**p://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/sgt-peppers-50th-anniversary-editions-to-be-released-may-26-2017-anticipation-thread.654994/page-833#post-16481684

833 pages 20810 post

I likewise just placed my order with Music Direct as with the 20% off promo and free Fed Ex shipping [and NO sales tax], I thought it would be the most prudent route. $114.39 delivered price.

That's a great price. Unfortunately for me being in the great white north, MD tacks on a US $25 Fedex shipping charge. Which brings total cost with exchange rate over the Amazon.ca cost of CD $189.

Doesn't seem so...

currently h**p://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/sgt-peppers-50th-anniversary-editions-to-be-released-may-26-2017-anticipation-thread.654994/page-833#post-16481684

833 pages 20810 post

You didn't read the UPDATE: portion of my post from 2:47PM yesterday.

UPDATE:
Sgt. Pepper thread back on SHF. I guess it got ugly this AM and got shutoff & cleaned.
So, y'all can continue to NOT go to that thread after all.

For me at least, that price still doesn't show a better value than Amazon US. I have paid US $125 shipped from Amazon, which I will receive May 26th (day of release) and importcd gives me a shipped price of $124.29 - that's with standard shipping and who knows when I would get it.

Bullmoose gives me a shipped price of US $120 and I think I'll receive that one pretty darn fast as well. Maybe on May 30th or so. :)

Back