Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 50th Anniversary Reissue (with 5.1 surround mix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I want is the 5.1 disc. I will resell everything else. Besides that I have no place to display it. I live in an RV.

Just as well, seilerbird, as when Markie's [Marpow] maid comes to clean his house he'll have to equip her with a teeny tiny 'swifter' feather duster to diligently clean his Sgt. Pepper AND Lotus dioramas.:ugham:

I'm afraid this review I saw over at SHF sums up my "fears" about the new release...while the reviewer uses the word "immersive" in the beginning he later retreats from that view and the hated "code" words appear...like "respects the music" which to me means a very conservative surround approach...and my dreaded word (bright)also appears in the review...of course I still am going to buy it...I haven't bought any music since my forum departure last year...and to be candid I didn't listen to much music...my priorities in life have changed greatly and I'm not going to spend much time on the internet....I appreciate just being able to walk out in the Florida sunshine and breathe the air...the simple things in life are what makes it worth living for me now...I am a private person and don't want to discuss my medical problems this last year...so please don't ask...I won't be on the forum much anymore...but I want to thank all those that reached out to me and were concerned about my well being....THANKS TO ALL

Here is the link and reviewhttp://audiophilereview.com/audiophile-music/the-beatles-sgt-pepper-at-50-part-1-the-new-surround-sound-mix.html check out the last paragraph

Where did you order from, Jon?

I did CDJapan over the cheaper amazon.jp. The reason is that everything I've ever ordered from CDJapan has come packed like a vault and has arrived flawlessly and quickly, so for peace of mind I went with the known over the unknown.

I'm afraid this review I saw over at SHF sums up my "fears" about the new release...while the reviewer uses the word "immersive" in the beginning he later retreats from that view and the hated "code" words appear...like "respects the music" which to me means a very conservative surround approach...and my dreaded word (bright)also appears in the review...of course I still am going to buy it...I haven't bought any music since my forum departure last year...and to be candid I didn't listen to much music...my priorities in life have changed greatly and I'm not going to spend much time on the internet....I appreciate just being able to walk out in the Florida sunshine and breathe the air...the simple things in life are what makes it worth living for me now...I am a private person and don't want to discuss my medical problems this last year...so please don't ask...I won't be on the forum much anymore...but I want to thank all those that reached out to me and were concerned about my well being....THANKS TO ALL

Here is the link and reviewhttp://audiophilereview.com/audiophile-music/the-beatles-sgt-pepper-at-50-part-1-the-new-surround-sound-mix.html check out the last paragraph

I have the same fears based on the inclusion of the "strawberry fields" surround mix from the "1+" discs (definitely less than spectacular)

I wish all the shops packed as well as CDJapan, they are excellent, and really helpful if you e-mail them, a (y) Sadly I think I'll stick to just my UK box set, though it is tempting to get the Japanese version.

I did CDJapan over the cheaper amazon.jp. The reason is that everything I've ever ordered from CDJapan has come packed like a vault and has arrived flawlessly and quickly, so for peace of mind I went with the known over the unknown.

I don't believe anything I read on SHF especially audio quality reviews.

Here's a quote from the Audiophile reivew:

"fear not Dear Readers-who-are-haters-of-overly-immersive-surround-sound-mixes: the new 5.1 Surround Sound mix of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band feels like a playful old friend who will sometimes sneak up to surprise you when least expected"

Who are these so called haters of immersive surround sound mixes? :rolleyes:

Great to see Clint's post and it's especially fitting on this thread although I don't share his concerns about the Sgt. Pepper release.
As far as SHF, a lot of good info on that site but you have to know the posters and do a lot of filtering and ignoring.
Certainly one of the most speculative and sometimes tin foil hat members on the internet and that is saying something.
To be fair, QQ has it's own bias and blind spots as well.
I find both sites to be woefully out of touch on certain topics.
For that I go to AVS and Computer Audiophile.
No single site can be everything to everybody and rightfully so.

Here is a quote from a link at stereophile I posted earlier, in case anyone missed it.

“I had more listening time than Robert did, and am happy to report it is even better than his somewhat guarded review (rightfully so for a first listen in a less-than-optimum environment). I'm pretty familiar with the album, love it, and have listened to it since it was released. The remixes are still revelatory and somehow a bit awe inspiring. the creativity and artistry shines through as never before.
The 5.1 mix (not featured at the press playback) is also very, very good.
For those fans of Steven Wilson's remixes of XTC, Yes etc... think along the same lines.
Much more sonic detail and clarity, loving, informed, and respectful mix decisions and a sense or relaxed space that makes listening more engrossing and fulfilling. Pre-order!!!”
http://www.stereophile.com/comment/565944#comment-565944

BullMoose shipping next Thursday........ hoping to get it by Saturday....:nuke

BullMoose shipping next Thursday........ hoping to get it by Saturday....:nuke

Really? BM will ship 1 day before "release"?
Guess I didn't know their policy.

Amazon for sure ships (to me anyway) on May 24th, Wednesday - and I will receive on the 26th, Friday.

OK, seriously. I just made the mistake of visiting SHF/Pepper thread. OMG!!! What a trainwreck of negativity, unfounded paranoia and overall...bad vibes.

WOW!!!!! I am NOT going back there again with regard to this release. I've always heard...but wow. Wow, just wow. Do they have writers who plot those posts? lol:chill

Back