Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 50th Anniversary Reissue (with 5.1 surround mix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I waited so long to re-order, I just hope I get a copy on release day! The reason I'm fearful is that I order a lot of stuff from Amazon and their track record (no pun intended) with even being a Prime Member has waned over the past year and has gotten worse since last Fall. I've seen items canceled or not shipped on time. Or, shipped at the last minute and take 2-4 more days to arrive Yes, this includes discs too. I'm starting to think I just should've pre-ordered with them on day one. So, in retrospect, crossy fingers. :mad:@:

IMO, you should always pre-order as early as possible from Amazon.
The well-known price guarantee.
The only times I've had issues with on-time Prime delivery from Amazon is when they use USPS.
I live in the Seattle area and there's a truly gigantic Amazon warehouse about 5-6 miles from my house and I've been getting more stuff from Amazon's fledgling in-house delivery.

Just saw this little snippet on the Bullmoose FAQ. Somehow, I don't think it's correct. Is it?? I pre-ordered this from the Moose back a few weeks or so...yet I can't fathom that they will ship mine out on Wednesday....so I can have it on Friday. Too good to be true? :violin

Most pre-orders are shipped to arrive on release date. Sometimes we are a day early or late.

Hey guys. I've had my ups and downs over at SHF, been a long time member, been a Gort, been banned (sort of a self ban), and gone back. The place is very passionate, shall we say, and there are many many good members over there that I happen to like a lot, and have for a long time. Doesn't mean that everyone is a buddy, but that never happens on the internet.

They all have their opinions and they have no trouble beating you to death with them, over and over, but hey - that's the internet. There is no need to trash the place just because there are a few rowdy's. We have our share as well.

Let's not bash the place. We have enough issues of our own to start calling out other forums. K?

I've been a member there since about 2001. I come and go from the place. I get passionate about something, get very involved in a few threads, but invariably the place exhausts me and I have to leave for a few weeks or months. So many members there that some are great and some are awful and some of them are the people from here.

im cool there until the folks who start putting what they see on a waveform or DR rating over their ears. Than it gets weird.

Ten years ago, Best Buy would have an entire display at the front of the store with all versions of this release, along with special exclusive editions with extra stuff and a highlight on the front page of their weekly sales flyer, but alas, the days of music being a tangible product are almost over. Us old guys care but no one under 30 seems to.

I consider myself lucky in that in my area there still exists a true independent record shop. Record Theatre has been around ever since I was a teenager. Its a huge store on the corner of Main and Lafayette in Buffalo NY. New releases are always available on release day, and usually at a discounted price. They have changed over time to be sure. They are down to only one location (there used to be several), and no longer sell equipment. They buy and sell used and new, vinyl and digital, and remain the largest record store I've ever been in. Im not sure how long they can really continue to compete in this new era of music sales, but they seem to keep plugging along nicely.

Check the link above and see what they have planned for Pepper release day. Its pretty rare for a record store in this day and age. And by all means, if you are ever in the area, stop in for a look.

Just saw this little snippet on the Bullmoose FAQ. Somehow, I don't think it's correct. Is it?? I pre-ordered this from the Moose back a few weeks or so...yet I can't fathom that they will ship mine out on Wednesday....so I can have it on Friday. Too good to be true? :violin

Most pre-orders are shipped to arrive on release date. Sometimes we are a day early or late.

Well, Gene, if it doesn't come on day/date of release, you can always opt for a tattoo on your calf: https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4061/4421735374_18e4fce886.jpg

OUCH!

I consider myself lucky in that in my area there still exists a true independent record shop. Record Theatre has been around ever since I was a teenager. Its a huge store on the corner of Main and Lafayette in Buffalo NY. New releases are always available on release day, and usually at a discounted price. They have changed over time to be sure. They are down to only one location (there used to be several), and no longer sell equipment. They buy and sell used and new, vinyl and digital, and remain the largest record store I've ever been in. Im not sure how long they can really continue to compete in this new era of music sales, but they seem to keep plugging along nicely.

Check the link above and see what they have planned for Pepper release day. Its pretty rare for a record store in this day and age. And by all means, if you are ever in the area, stop in for a look.

That's very cool. Thanks for that link. I commend them for trying to stay relevant. It will be hard though, but wow...40 years. Amazing honestly.(y)

That's very cool. Thanks for that link. I commend them for trying to stay relevant. It will be hard though, but wow...40 years. Amazing honestly.(y)

The store close to me in Ventura California, Salzer's, has been around as long as SGT Pepper.

http://salzers.com

https://www.vcreporter.com/2016/08/24/salzers-records-still-funky-after-all-these-years/

Last time I visited was about a year ago. Haven't purchased anything in a long time from them. I just go there to browse because I can get stuff on the Internet so much cheaper. During the mid 80's I traded in hundreds of my vinyl LP's for a handful of compact discs. Including all my Beatles records. I've regretted that move ever since.

Ten years ago, Best Buy would have an entire display at the front of the store with all versions of this release, along with special exclusive editions with extra stuff and a highlight on the front page of their weekly sales flyer, but alas, the days of music being a tangible product are almost over. Us old guys care but no one under 30 seems to.

I had a set of Vandersteen speakers that I haven't used in a while so I offered them to my nephew who is almost 30 and was brought up with music playing all of the time. He asked "Are they Bluetooth?". Um, no, they're speakers. He can't use them because he'd have to get a receiver/amp and some sort of music player. People his age don't do that anymore.

Stores would rather stock mattresses than CDs. I can always tell when a former "good store" makes the turn into oblivion - when they start selling mattresses. :)

Of course, now that these stores are stocking mattresses, more and more people are buying mattresses mail order too! Retailing is a tough biz methinks.

The store close to me in Ventura California, Salzer's, has been around as long as SGT Pepper.

http://salzers.com

https://www.vcreporter.com/2016/08/24/salzers-records-still-funky-after-all-these-years/

Last time I visited was about a year ago. Haven't purchased anything in a long time from them. I just go there to browse because I can get stuff on the Internet so much cheaper. During the mid 80's I traded in hundreds of my vinyl LP's for a handful of compact discs. Including all my Beatles records. I've regretted that move ever since.
I was Jim Salzer's first employee. I was working at the Arcade Record Shop in Oxnard when Jim bought the store in June of 66, the month I graduated from Hueneme High School.

I was Jim Salzer's first employee. I was working at the Arcade Record Shop in Oxnard when Jim bought the store in June of 66, the month I graduated from Hueneme High School.

I wonder if this counts as a "six degrees of separation" realization... maybe you can still get an employee discount?

Everyone should read the second link article on Jim & Nancy Salzer. It's a good short article. In it, he talks about Jim Morrison. Also, there's a blurb regarding Jimi Hendrix.

Sorry for the OT.

The days are growing nearer. I can't wait to spend my entire Friday night and Saturday. This Deluxe set and everything Beatles, solo works too, will be the subject of my long weekend. :)

I wonder if this counts as a "six degrees of separation" realization... maybe you can still get an employee discount?

He gave me an employee discount several years ago when I was buying an expensive bong. Jim is a really nice guy, love him like a brother. I used to date his sister Sunny.

Had to swap out of the 'moose and go Amazon to use a $100 Amex gift card up. They'll contact me to get that sorted but now I can say I'm in the game.

(straightens tie, gets reflective, pulls the ladder up after him)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back