Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 50th Anniversary Reissue (with 5.1 surround mix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Here's a thread started on IMWAN about the upcoming reissue of "Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band" for its 50th anniversary:
http://www.imwan.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=101792

The only known difference at this time is that this new reissue will also include "Strawberry Fields Forever" and "Penny Lane" somewhere in the album track listing.
Once more details are known, they will go in this thread.

:)

There's a whopper of a thread on SHF(SURPRISE!!!), that I found yesterday morning.
Already 51 pages.

These albums are becoming like our children, nieces, nephews, grandchildren - Every time one reaches a milestone, we have to go to the party and spend money again.

:banana:You'll still be payin':music
For the records you're playin':music
When "Pepper" is sixty-four!:banana:

There's a whopper of a thread on SHF(SURPRISE!!!), that I found yesterday morning.
Already 51 pages.
The raging on that thread was hilarious! And to think there was a previous thread where people were suggesting that those two songs oughta be inserted somewhere. Me, I'm intrigued! Also loved the humour of some of the posts. Magical Mystery Tour 50th Anniversary to omit Strawberry Fields Forever and Penny Lane lol. ?

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

nothing quite like a cash cow to milk, really they should release the complete album as 12 inch singles with 3D covers and special inner grove messages, then they could be charging $100 a piece. :rolleyes:

Ooh man, they could do some crazy panning things with the inner groove in 5.1 surround…

;) :phones :confused: :music :sun :smokin :mad:@: :banana: :cool: :yikes

Would be a wonderful surprise bonus if they included the "half quad mix" from 73 that of course was never released. :banana:
It would be something akin to Floyd's Echoes in Quad, the only track in quad from Meddle.
Anyway it would become a "real" deluxe item, finally.

Would be a wonderful surprise bonus if they included the "half quad mix" from 73 that of course was never released. :banana:
It would be something akin to Floyd's Echoes in Quad, the only track in quad from Meddle.
Anyway it would become a "real" deluxe item, finally.

How do we know that even exists? Plus even if it did, I'm doubtful it would be considered for inclusion on such a release.
If there's any surround on this Sgt Pepper reissue, it will be a new 5.1 mix by Giles Martin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The same time this was released, the Beach Boys were on a comeback also releasing Pet Sounds. I saw an interview with Brian Wilson, he stated, " we were all happy and looking forward to this album, when someone brought an acetate of Sgt Peppers, we knew then it was the end for us".
You had to be there! I was like 14-15 yrs old when my friend played it for me. I never heard anything like it! It has been refered to as the greatest rock album ever made.

How do we know that even exists? Plus even if it did, I'm doubtful it would be considered for inclusion on such a release.
If there's any surround on this Sgt Pepper reissue, it will be a new 5.1 mix by Giles Martin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As per the tape index, in 73 they charged the master out to mix in quad. For whatever reason, only an Abbey Rd archivist or someone close to Mr.Martin/THE Beatles would be able to answer why it was scuttled.

I'm very much holding out hope, though that Giles takes on the 5.1 mix he said he would like to do of "THE BEATLES-WHITE ALBUM. One of my faves from the fab 4. But anything we get in surround from Beatles Land would be appreciated. :D

I'm quite happy, with the Beatles Box set Re-masters
Mono; I don't think so
If it were 5.1, DVD/Audio, SACD, Blu-Ray audio, well, of course, i'd purchase
LOVE, although not the original source material, in DVD/Audio, is good enough to hold me over

I would like to see a release like the recent Cream box but with 5.1 of course, Original Mono Stereo and 5.1 pick up a few choice outtakes and I would be happy as a Pig in ...

I would like to see a release like the recent Cream box but with 5.1 of course, Original Mono Stereo and 5.1 pick up a few choice outtakes and I would be happy as a Pig in ...

Were their albums recorded on 4 or 8 tracks? It may be a bit challenging to offer a good mix if there were recorded with 4 tracks. You would end up with something akin to The Doors' first album.

Were their albums recorded on 4 or 8 tracks? It may be a bit challenging to offer a good mix if there were recorded with 4 tracks. You would end up with something akin to The Doors' first album.

At this point, the Beatles were still working with 4 track. They didn't expand to 8 track until around the time of the White Album.

At this point, the Beatles were still working with 4 track. They didn't expand to 8 track until around the time of the White Album.

My apologies for not being clearer. I was replying to his comment about possible Multitrack releases by Cream.

I was aware of The Beatles 4 and 8 track recordings. :)

In other news, the current Di Agostini/MPO vinyl cut doesn't have the tone or the inner groove garble!

Back