Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 50th Anniversary Reissue (with 5.1 surround mix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All I know is that it's a US based company. And somehow, DeepDiscount and ImportCD are connected. I just placed a rather large order with DeepDiscount when they had their 15% off sale and I received my order in about 3 working days [FREE shipping/NO sales Tax]. ImportCD is still the best place for Audio Fidelity SACDs....period!(y)
Deep Discount owns ImportCDs.

If you look at the UPS tracking info from an ImportCD order they almost always drop-ship from an Amazon warehouse to the UPS shipping hub in Hebron, KY.
Importcds used to be based in California.
The "secret" to getting faster shipping from them is to get the expedited shipping.

So enough of the whining about delivery dates, I ordered from Amazon JP so I'm guessing delivery will be Tues. the 30th at the earliest as this has to go through US Customs.
Some people are forgetting that Monday is Memorial Day. UPS doesn't deliver Saturdays and no one will be delivering Monday.

So, again - you've not clarified. You purchased the deluxe box? And, your comments are about the multi-channel?

I know, I Know. But unless it's spelled out, there is always doubt. :)

Yes, I've only played the Blu-ray so far. Maybe some of you think this is a prank, but here's a scan of the inside of the disc holder.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.jpg
    Untitled-1.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 346
I just read the SDE review and cancelled my order. I have shelves of surround sound recordings that are outstanding. I have no more room for so-so offerings of that may only get a couple of airings...

"Love" and "Yellow Submarine" (which are outstanding) will just have to do...

With that said..I hope everyone who did order it really loves it. I look forward to reading your reviews..

In the meantime..I just saved 188.00 Canadian...

I sorta don't blame you and I sorta expected this and I still have 2 versions coming ( :yikes ), but I will enjoy a lot of the extra stuff - at least once. :music

Anyway, it seems it's best not to expect anything great from any release and then be surprised as opposed to expecting the most and being bummed. But, alas, we have so many years of experiencing just that......

I'm glad we have Paul Sinclair's review... specifics for each song is very helpful, and my expectations have been significantly lowered... but I'm kind of sad:(

I'm glad we have Paul Sinclair's review... specifics for each song is very helpful, and my expectations have been significantly lowered... but I'm kind of sad:(

Where is this review? Why is first impression that the s mix is a dull blur of indiscretion?

I sorta don't blame you and I sorta expected this and I still have 2 versions coming ( :yikes ), but I will enjoy a lot of the extra stuff - at least once. :music

Anyway, it seems it's best not to expect anything great from any release and then be surprised as opposed to expecting the most and being bummed. But, alas, we have so many years of experiencing just that......

When one considers that even the professional analogue 4 track tape recorders at the time Sgt. Pepper was recorded probably maxed out at 30~15,000 +/-2 db with a signal to noise ration of 60 db and predated noise reduction of any kind coupled with the amount of bouncing around of tracks Sir George had to manipulate during its creation, its a wonder it sounded as good as it did.

Even though Giles probably had millions of feet of outtakes to work with, just syncing them up to replicate the original sound of Pepper had to be a logistical nightmare.

Then again, before it's release, I'm sure the final masters had to meet the approval of Paul, Ringo, Olivia and Yoko. At least we know Paul and Ringo are somewhat receptive to surround but at what distance were they willing to go to make Sgt Pepper wildly discrete?

Read Paul Sinclair's review and the disappointed posters who canceled their pre~orders due to Sinclair's 'lukewarm' reception.

My take......I'll NEVER cancel my order and hopefully on my system, I will be delighted with the final result.

And if you don't like it....you can always blame it on Yoko. :yikes After all, she's still a Virgin when it comes to surround http://ring.cdandlp.com/mjlam/photo_grande/115027671-2.jpg

NOT much to speak of in the rears!

Last edited:
^ Too late. I read the SDE review before I came on here. I read that review and it really isn't saying much, even track by track. I'll reserve judgement for myself. I can give a rats ass how it sounds. It's The Beatles for crimes sake! I wanted the Japanese Deluxe Box but couldn't wait. I wanted it yesterday, already!!! :howl

I guess, I should have ordered it from one of those two Sister companies, eh? :yikes

By the way, Amazon delivers on a Sunday. And Labor Day too. (y)

Received notification from Music Direct that my order was also shipped today via Fedex and will be in my possession by Friday.:music

Some light entertainment provided by chat window @ Amazon.com:

Hello - I am trying to use an American Express business gift card for a purchase. The card value is $100 and the pre-order purchase is $117 plus tax. There was no way to enter an additional payment but I knew that as soon as the order processed it would become an issue. In this chat window yesterday, I was told that payment splits were not possible between credit cards. It was recommended that I use the AMEX gift card to buy (reload) an Amazon Gift Card that could be applied along with a credit card for the remainder. Okay.

I deleted the gift card from my credit cards list and then entered it to obtain an Amazon Gift Card for $100. It was accepted and later rejected. Thinking this was because it was a company name (THANK YOU XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX) I deleted it and re-entered it with my own name so it would match my other cards. This was also accepted and later rejected. What am I doing wrong? How do people use these cards with Amazon?

[I will spare you the lengthy back and forth that took place]
Today I was told that "you can't buy a gift card with a gift card". So WTF did they tell me to do that yesterday?

Solution? Re-enter the AMEX gift card as if it was a credit card; then use a credit card to buy/reload an Amazon gift to cover the difference. So I did one for $25.00 which fully applied, leaving a $7.02 balance on the AMEX card. Okay whatever. I was given a $10 promo credit for the hassle which paid the tax. Final: $107.99 + $9.99 tax for a total of $117.98 delivered. This ordering debacle is now over. :mad:@:

To anyone else around here who ordered from Amazon.JP, Marpow was one I think.
I just checked my order out of curiosity and the current price was 14,492 Yen == $129.87 USD!!

Pleasantly surprised to say the least.

To anyone else around here who ordered from Amazon.JP, Marpow was one I think.
I just checked my order out of curiosity and the current price was 14,492 Yen == $129.87 USD!!

Pleasantly surprised to say the least.
I bought this one from CDJapan with the extra poster, Diorama, and SHM CD's, $161.00 probably $181.00 to California but I also added Sting's cardboard mini LP collection in SHM CD.
No shipping word yet.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UICY-78342

I bought this one from CDJapan with the extra poster, Diorama, and SHM CD's, $161.00 probably $181.00 to California but I also added Sting's cardboard mini LP collection in SHM CD.
No shipping word yet.
http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/UICY-78342

The version from Amazon.jp is the same as yours, i.e., the Japanese version with what you listed and of course SHM-CDs.
When I pre-ordered on April 10th it was $154 USD.

We will likely get shipping notice tomorrow, Thursday morning as Japan is 16 hours ahead of my time zone, PST.

got to say it is a pretty cool package, the 3D cover is pretty good too, guess I'll start with the 5.1 first. :banana:

Sgtpepper.jpg

Paul Sinclair (from Super Deluxe Edition) has written a very thorough review of the 5.1 mix here:
http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/r...surround-sound-mix-of-the-beatles-sgt-pepper/

I managed to buy my box yesterday.
I found it very interesting to follow the review for each tracks.
I can agree with what is said from an technical view BUT i have to say that this is an absolutely fantastic release!
Never has this album sounded so good!
If i get "surround effects" it is more like an bonus, the main thing is that the enjoyment of this album is so much higher now.
It is not even my favourite Beatles album, but i really love it like this.
I even think the price wasn´t that high considering everything in the package.
I wish i could say the same for the big Pink Floyd box. That one i managed to buy for an reduced price so i am not complaining as there are quite a lot of good things in that one too.

Back