Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 50th Anniversary Reissue (with 5.1 surround mix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I remember all the hype when they transferred the original masters to HD digital. 24 bit 192k with Prism converters. The original mono and stereo master mix tapes.
And of course so far they have only released brick wall slammed and eq hyped reduced to CD versions of that. The sound is not good. Then added insult to injury with a "24 bit" release on a USB stick that turned out to be the same slammed and hyped garbage (still after the reduction to 44.1k but before the file sample size reduction to 16 bit).

"brick wall slammed"?? That's utter hysterical nonsense.

https://www.amazon.com/Peppers-Lonely-Hearts-Anniversary-Deluxe/dp/B06WGVMLJY?tag=mfconvert-20

Hmm, 6 discs in the super deluxe set, either it's vinyls included but I hope there is room for a surround disc.

I'm sure there are a vinyl or 2 in the set....who knows about the other discs. Couple CD's of alternate takes...blah blah.

OK, I'm being sarcastic. Of course I wish there were a surround mix...but I honestly figure donkeys will fly to the moon before that happens. :violin

I'm sure there are a vinyl or 2 in the set....who knows about the other discs. Couple CD's of alternate takes...blah blah.

OK, I'm being sarcastic. Of course I wish there were a surround mix...but I honestly figure donkeys will fly to the moon before that happens. :violin

Hey... its been done....

12bb65206842b3d45d2dab3c45ccf674.jpg

:cool:

That link now points to something called LHCB by "The New Originals".

Update: the product at that link has been updated and now has the same picture of the six-disc set in this thread.

Yes. But the ASIN number matches (per SH.tv). I give it an unscientific 50/50 chance of being correct. I also give it a scientific 100% chance of no risk with potential $90 savings. I'm simply passing it along because there may be people here with more interest than discretionary budget. If correct, that link saves enough for a few more quads.

Last edited:
Hmm, well two discs seem to have the title so that's one disc mono album, one disc stereo album? Can I see the word "Sessions" at the end of the title on the other two CDs?

That post is from 2012 though...did I miss something?

No you didn't.
That link is nothing more than a WISHLIST for a Sgt Pepper box set, from 2012 no less.
It is NOT a confirmation of contents for the box set to be released in a few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Amazon had, heard it was taken down already, an image of the 6 disc edition.
I downloaded and blew up the image in my camera editting software.
Obviously a limit to what can be discerned and the discs are not fully revealed but I did manage to at least confirm the disc formats and some info.

1 stereo cd looks like the album itself can't read tracks
1 mono cd same as above
2 stereo cds that say "Sessions" on them
1 Blu-ray that has the original Sgt. Pepper bass drum on the sleeve
1 DVD video that has a variation of the above with a red heart on it.

No you didn't.
That link is nothing more than a WISHLIST for a Sgt Pepper box set, from 2012 no less.
It is NOT a confirmation of contents for the box set to be released in a few months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dirty buggers .....you'd think they would remove it by now-----2012 !!!!!!:rolleyes:

Back