Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band 50th Anniversary Reissue (with 5.1 surround mix)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It appears on Amazon US that there is a video trailer and towards the end you get a brief glimpse where it says 5.1 and stereo hi-rez. :)

5.1 surround.jpg

Boy am I glad I preordered this morning! Thanks to the original poster for the link.

For now, I've ordered from Amazon US, assuming price will drop. Also ordered earlier today from Amazon Canada, when they were obviously, incorrectly listing what "could" have been the deluxe box for WAY less. Yes, my order went through, but I know they will cancel it as they clearly didn't have the correct product listed. Either way, I'll wait and see and cancel if and or when I need to.

Also waiting patiently to see what price Amazon UK lists for. That should be quite interesting.

For now, I've ordered from Amazon US, assuming price will drop. Also ordered earlier today from Amazon Canada, when they were obviously, incorrectly listing what "could" have been the deluxe box for WAY less. Yes, my order went through, but I know they will cancel it as they clearly didn't have the correct product listed. Either way, I'll wait and see and cancel if and or when I need to.

Also waiting patiently to see what price Amazon UK lists for. That should be quite interesting.

Yeah, The New Originals - LHCB deluxe set for ~$49.00CDN?

A lot of people are going to get cancellations me thinks.
Myself, I went with the version by The Beatles.
But then again I'm old school ;)

Yeah, The New Originals - LHCB deluxe set for ~$49.00CDN?

A lot of people are going to get cancellations me thinks.
Myself, I went with the version by The Beatles.
But then again I'm old school ;)

Haha - yep, that's the one, and the price. I wasn't going to, then I thought...what the hell. I'm so excited about this deluxe box, that I would be hard pressed to cancel my Amazon US order due to price...just so I can have it quicker. I need this. No, I mean...I really need this. :yikes

Here's the promo video from Amazon's product page of the Super Deluxe set:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/D1SlZaoXPGS.mp4

It's not emphasized, but it clearly states that the six-disc version includes 5.1 and hi-res on the Blu-ray (and the DVD includes 5.1). It doesn't say whether the hi-res stereo is a new mix, though I assume it does since the set also includes a CD with a new stereo mix "from the original masters". I'm not knowledgeable enough to guess whether that means pre-bounce or not, but I'm sure everyone hopes so.

Also included is another CD with the mono mix (presumably from 2009 but with six additional songs, including a "long lost" version of "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds") and two CDs with 100 minutes of "sessions" material. Actual song titles aren't immediately available. Regardless, a splendid time seems guaranteed for all but the most perfectionist fan

To my mind this feels like a marvelous hybrid of the Pet Sounds and the six-disc version of Dylan's Cutting Edge. Here's hoping for a more robust mix than that of 1+!

(props to Jimbino on SH.tv for the downloadable link).

I'm surprised there is not more participation and or excitement here at QQ. Though, we do tend to be a more "reserved" crowd. Maybe "we" are still waiting for some form of disappointment. So, let me just say what is bothering me....

Are we for sure (based on the trailer) that the 5.1 mix they talk about is of the whole album and not the "making of" or whatever?
This is such a sweet looking package, that I just don't think I'll be canceling any orders.

I'm surprised there is not more participation and or excitement here at QQ. Though, we do tend to be a more "reserved" crowd. Maybe "we" are still waiting for some form of disappointment. So, let me just say what is bothering me....

Are we for sure (based on the trailer) that the 5.1 mix they talk about is of the whole album and not the "making of" or whatever?
This is such a sweet looking package, that I just don't think I'll be canceling any orders.

I am very much looking forward to this. Its that leftover bitter taste of the 1+ letdown that pulls the enthusiasm down for me. I'm not the type that follows which individuals were involved with that release and who might or might not be involved with this one (I defer that kind of stuff to the true Beatle aficionados here), but it stands to reason at least that some of the same players are involved. So I wouldn't be surprised at all if the surround aspect of this got botched, especially considering the size of the package and amount of effort it likely took.

But eventually the optimist in me comes around, and I start to believe that maybe it will be a well done surround mix of one of -- if not THE greatest rock recording of my life time.

I'll live either way. I live near Buffalo. I'm a Bills Fan. We wear disappointment very well. :lookaround

So, I'll likely spring for this one too.

Its definitely 3 banana news.... :banana::banana::banana:

I am very much looking forward to this. Its that leftover bitter taste of the 1+ letdown that pulls the enthusiasm down for me. I'm not the type that follows which individuals were involved with that release and who might or might not be involved with this one (I defer that kind of stuff to the true Beatle aficionados here), but it stands to reason at least that some of the same players are involved. So I wouldn't be surprised at all if the surround aspect of this got botched, especially considering the size of the package and amount of effort it likely took.

But eventually the optimist in me comes around, and I start to believe that maybe it will be a well done surround mix of one of -- if not THE greatest rock recording of my life time.

I'll live either way. I live near Buffalo. I'm a Bills Fan. We wear disappointment very well. :lookaround

So, I'll likely spring for this one too.

Its definitely 3 banana news.... :banana::banana::banana:

hahaha 3 banana's...wait till Snood shows up. He'll tear this place apart with bananas...

Aaaand (as snood might say), I suppose the initial sticker shock of the price is squelching folks a bit. Not me...I'm way too much of a Beatle's fan to let that little detail bother me. :banana::banana::banana:

I'll wait for someone to chime back on the 5.1 mix before excited. If they decide to give us something like 1+, I'll be really disappointed.

It does look like a lovely set though. :)

Back