YOUTUBE Quad app

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mlrocker

701 Club - QQ All-Star
Mr Speaker, At the risk of being the dumb one in the room, but with little to lose for trying, AND given that youtube streams in stereo, let me ask the question...

Since there are youtube mashup/website mixers readily available, why is there (or is there) no APP that will effectively solve the quad streaming by syncing up two videos (for the sake of discrete front pair, back pair audio) that outputs to 4 channels? I was thinking why not just post up two videos that can be played together to effectively reach the quadraphonic plateau? So I'm looking around and not finding anything that could possibly do this without having two smart phones hooked up to a 4x4 mixer and hoping that I manually get the videos to start close enough together (a nearly impossible outcome I'm sure) or some other dual computer contraption.

Has this ever come up on QQ?
Am I lost in the weeds again?
Is there an APP Maker in the house?
:mad:@:

Mr Speaker, At the risk of being the dumb one in the room, but with little to lose for trying, AND given that youtube streams in stereo, let me ask the question...

Since there are youtube mashup/website mixers readily available, why is there (or is there) no APP that will effectively solve the quad streaming by syncing up two videos (for the sake of discrete front pair, back pair audio) that outputs to 4 channels? I was thinking why not just post up two videos that can be played together to effectively reach the quadraphonic plateau? So I'm looking around and not finding anything that could possibly do this without having two smart phones hooked up to a 4x4 mixer and hoping that I manually get the videos to start close enough together (a nearly impossible outcome I'm sure) or some other dual computer contraption.

Has this ever come up on QQ?
Am I lost in the weeds again?
Is there an APP Maker in the house?
:mad:@:

Well, not an app, but matrix encoded stereo works.

Well, not an app, but matrix encoded stereo works.

I equate matrix to less than Quad. I'm after true Quad. What I want is an app or program that will play two webpage audio streams and output them without combining it back into stereo, or the option.

That seems like a less than ideal way to accomplish the goal of quad/surround streaming. The Windows Media streaming format supports 5.1.

I've been hoping for an easy way to stream dolby digital, but I've yet to figure that out.

What would be nice is if youtube upgraded to support 5.1. At this time they support 5.1 in the sense of you can upload 5.1, which is then encoded to their format, which means downmixing to stereo.

That seems like a less than ideal way to accomplish the goal of quad/surround streaming. The Windows Media streaming format supports 5.1.

aha! the acolyte stumbles upon another hidden doorway of enlightenment. Thank you ARMY OF QUAD. :banana:

Yeah, kinda....like licking the frond of a cactus when you're stranded in the desert...

<chuckle> Yeah, I don't know how well it would survive any changes they make to it.

My second exposure to quad of the past was Tab's conversions on what was an AM Stereo DPL re-encoded 8-track discreet, the station later had the files on their site. At my stage of exploring multichannel it was good enough through DPLII to be exciting.

Not the best solution, especially since, how many have access to an encoder? Not many, I would guess. I don't.

Back