Santana Lotus: Complete Edition in SACD Surround Sound and DSD 256 Stereo Download

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tomoo Suzuki is involved with this release and that's a likely possibility we can expect to see more of his mixes. Such as a discrete MOUNTAIN-TWIN PEAKS ( and if he did the Kooper/Bloomfield-Live Adventures Of.), or any others we don't know of , of popular artists.

But like Ryan, I would prefer Studio mixes over live ones.

BTW importcds has this on pre order for approx $30 beans less. :upthumb

I don't have any vintage quad equipment or recordings (other than rereleases on SACD and Blu-Ray) but I have played a lot of CDs through the surround master and I love it! At the moment I'm listening to the Beatles through it and enjoying it big time. :banana:

FWIW There are a number of " quad encoded " cds available, SQ and QS mainly. :D

Wow, thats great. Thanks. (y)
The tax collection fee is around £15.

Hey Duncan,

I'm not sure if you know, but I just checked what the charges would be to the UK from Amazon.co.jp, and I got this:

Items: GBP 59.71
Shipping & Handling: GBP 7.84
Import Fees Deposit GBP 13.51
Order Total: GBP 81.06

I believe parcels to the UK would still be sent via DHL Express. Would that make it a bit cheaper, given the automatic import fees deposit from Amazon Japan?

Tomoo Suzuki is involved with this release and that's a likely possibility we can expect to see more of his mixes. Such as a discrete MOUNTAIN-TWIN PEAKS ( and if he did the Kooper/Bloomfield-Live Adventures Of.), or any others we don't know of , of popular artists.

But like Ryan, I would prefer Studio mixes over live ones.

BTW importcds has this on pre order for approx $30 beans less. :upthumb

Are you referring to AF's stereo LOTUS SACD or SONY Japan's multi 3 disc set because the SONY Japan LOTUS is: http://www.importcds.com/lotus-complete-edition-hybrid-sacd/4547366293159

Wow, thats great. Thanks. (y)
The tax collection fee is around £15.

No problem. :)

Hopefully, you can get your copy into the UK as cheaply as possible.

Are you referring to AF's stereo LOTUS SACD or SONY Japan's multi 3 disc set because the SONY Japan LOTUS is: http://www.importcds.com/lotus-complete-edition-hybrid-sacd/4547366293159

$68.81 is a great price, because right now, at least, it's not counted by them as a "heavy" item, so the shipping is only $2.99, making it $71.80 shipped. It seems like ImportCDs is actually taking a small loss on this title...not quite sure why, so I wouldn't be surprised to see the price increase.

Ugh - I could not resist. I ordered from import CD. Why them? Cause they offered Paypal Credit. :mad:@:

Don't feel guilty, Gene. I did a REAL number on my credit card today as well!

Just hope this title lives up to our expectations.

You ONLY live once....unless you happen to be James Bond.

Is it still unknown if Lotus from Sony uses a true 4.0 mix, or is being done from SQ conversion?

Because if this does not have real true quad 4.0 on it then it's a scam imo.

Sony Music Japan is making the new Santana Lotus: Complete Edition available as a Stereo DSD 256 music download as well as a Stereo DSD 64 music download, Stereo PCM 24/96 music download and a Surround Sound SACD.
They have many choices available on April 19th. :)

http://positive-feedback.com/audio-discourse/santana-lotus-complete-edition/

SONY is going all out for this release and 'perhaps' portends the future for further Santana releases, IMO. Hope my calculations aren't premature.

Good news, at any rate for lovers of DSD, PCM and hi res physical discs. Everyone wins!

An expansive packshot of the new Japanese SACD release:
61ub3C6aCSL.jpg

:)

Wow.. is that Abraxas & Caravanserai artwork I can see in there?
Maybe Sony Japan will come thru and reissue all the Santana Quads after all...!?

Maybe Sony Japan will come thru and reissue all the Santana Quads after all...!?

where Adam? I looked around didn't see anything. But, I've never been the best at finding specific titles others seem to find. :rolleyes:

Weird huh. !

They almost look like a back to back copy via blu-ray . But I think your onto something there--Faithful Freddie .(y):sun

where Adam? I looked around didn't see anything. But, I've never been the best at finding specific titles others seem to find. :rolleyes:

in the centre left of the image that Ryan posted here earlier (few posts back << ) you can see the sleeve art for Abraxas & Caravanserai in some little booklet... hmm.. I may have to get this after all (cost seemed mega prohibitive but it does look absolutely gorgeous..)

in the centre left of the image that Ryan posted here earlier (few posts back << ) you can see the sleeve art for Abraxas & Caravanserai in some little booklet... hmm.. I may have to get this after all (cost seemed mega prohibitive but it does look absolutely gorgeous..)

Oh! I thought you meant you saw a couple new pre-orders on CD Japan with no covers showing. ;)

Yep, Adam, plain as day. :sun

Methinks, based on the positive response to the SONY/JAPAN Jeff Beck QUAD releases, we WILL, in fact, see all those Santana QUADs eventually released in 7" deluxe packaging SOUNDING BETTER THAN EVER! :banana:

Back