Santana Lotus: Complete Edition in SACD Surround Sound and DSD 256 Stereo Download

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhhh! I don't want the Santana Lotus......but I do. Does that make sense?

You want it but you don't want to pay the exorbitant price for it cause you're not sure if you'll love it for that price.

Is that a good translation? ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You want it but you don't want to pay the exorbitant price for it cause you're not sure if you'll love it for that price.

Is that a good translation? ;)

Perfect! I couldn't have said it better. lol
I actually had it as far as "purchase" in my Paypal account. Then I chickened out. haha

I'd have to say if they plan to issue Santana quads, this is an odd place to start.

I see two reasons for this.

They plan on releasing the Santana Quad albums in the same vein that they did with the Jeff beck ones.

Lotus by having recently been released on SACD without Multichannel content is already in the public's consciousness. As odd as it may seem to us, it may have seemed logical to Sony Japan to start with it.

I'd have to say if they plan to issue Santana quads, this is an odd place to start.

It actually does make sense to me to start with this one because

a) It's a promotional release for their upcoming Japanese tour.
b) Since the album was recorded live in Japan and mainly released in Japan, it's synonymous with Santana in Japan
c) Because it was also intended to be a strictly Quadraphonic release back in its days, it's a perfect release to exploit the Multichannel SACD format, which I understand still does very well in Japan.

I certainly hope more will follow (and I do wish they had released another SACD to start) but that may not happen until the current budget reissues go out of circulation. We shall see!

:)

OK I wasn't aware of the promotional aspect for a tour. So that's their motivation for THIS release. I'll be very surprised and thrilled if they go any further than that.

I think we will all be thrilled if they continue on to include reissues of the studio Quadraphonic mixes on SACD. The same probably cannot be said for our wallets, however…
Oh and speaking of wallets, preorder is now up for "Lotus" on amazon, and it's a ouch price! :yikes

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MV3SPLJ/

At that price, I sure hope everybody enjoys Carlos making playful references to other artists' songs by quoting them during his solos.

Product Details
CD (April 19, 2017)
Number of Discs: 3 (2 x SACD +CD)
Format: Hybrid SACD, Limited Edition
Label: SMJ
Run Time: 157 分
ASIN: B01MV3SPLJ
JAN: 4547366293159
Price: 8,640yen

In Japanese states that this is taken from original 16 track master

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51CvDNq81nL.jpg

Attachments

• 51CvDNq81nL.jpg
    51CvDNq81nL.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 246
Product Details
CD (April 19, 2017)
Number of Discs: 3 (2 x SACD +CD)
Format: Hybrid SACD, Limited Edition
Label: SMJ
Run Time: 157 分
ASIN: B01MV3SPLJ
JAN: 4547366293159
Price: 8,640yen

In Japanese states that this is taken from original 16 track master

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51CvDNq81nL.jpg

We already have an existing thread for this release here: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...ok-what-they-found!-Santana-Lotus-4-0-masters

My experience with Amazon has not been good with imports like these. On several occasions i ordered way in advance, got confirmation emails, and when it came time to deliver it was not in stock. They would send me apology emails asking if i still want to keep the order. Now I just order direct from other sites like CDJapan or Burningshed. So far so good with the Jeff Beck releases -- CDJapan shipped fast and not too much higher than Amazon.

OUCH, indeed! + sales tax, as well!

I think we will all be thrilled if they continue on to include reissues of the studio Quadraphonic mixes on SACD. The same probably cannot be said for our wallets, however…
Oh and speaking of wallets, preorder is now up for "Lotus" on amazon, and it's a ouch price! :yikes

Hey guys,

If you're in the States and you want to order from an Amazon site, you're better off ordering direct from Amazon Japan:

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01MV3SPLJ/?language=en_US

You will have to create a new account, unlike European Amazon sites, but that should be easier thanks to their recent incorporation of English translation. Once you choose to ship to a US address, Amazon.co.jp will remove the ¥640 Japanese sales tax from the item price. Their shipping charge is currently only ¥950 for one copy, and the item should ship via DHL Express, and take about 2-3 days to arrive. So as it stands with the current exchange rate, the SACD would be about $71 before shipping to the US, and $79.50 shipped.

...and some bonus tracks too (35 min, pratically a 4th LP!)

http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/SICP-10116

translation by google

Lotus Legend Complete Edition - HYBRID 4.0 - [Limited Edition] / Santana
This live album contains Osaka performance on July 3rd and 4th, 1973, and it was a tremendous performance that the young Santana band in the first heyday performed before the Japanese audience and later the Guinness World Record The 22-sided jacket which is also certified is a monumental work by live in Japan where artworks with an unexpected scale are handed down still. It is also a work that has special meaning to Santana fan of Japan, because Japanese worked for everything necessary for record production, from planning to recording, photography, design and so on. It was discovered at the end of last year that the analog / multi tape which was actually used in the recording of "Lotus legend" was kept in the warehouse of Sony music of Japan for a long time, it was collected for the first time in 44 years. In analogue multitape which had never been used since 1974, although there was a song whose performance was interrupted due to some tape exchanges or a reel which was lost for some reason, most of the concert 2 days It turns out that the performance record is in good condition that I can not think it is the tape of the 1970s. The sound source which was inevitably cut at that time due to the fraction of the analog LP fraction recorded is also firmly left, and "Japan" "bamble" "Ummu Uum" "sacred light" "the creator husband · A master plan · "SAVER" · "Conga · SOLO" 7 songs (about 35 minutes) newly added, so that all the songs played in Osaka will be arranged here. The mix of these excavation sound sources was performed by engineer Tomio Suzuki who worked on numerous masterpieces such as the original "Legend of Lotus" and Beck Bogart & Apis "Live in Japan". We carefully chose the equipment and cables to make it sound as unrelated as possible to the preexisting sound source and it was mixed and it was mixed in the mix master while keeping the natural and dynamic sound image of the analog tape. The seven pieces (songs) that were missing from the original board were captured in the place as ordered in the actual songs, and it became a "complete version" without surviving from the head to the end, and the rare nationwide performance revived. [2017 year commemoration board] - DSD 11.2 MHz mastering was done SACD, that DSD master. Direct conversion didCD. 2 layer structure according to high sound quality hybrid disc specification * SACD4.0. Listen at the actual live venue Surround · mix board that brings a realistic feeling such as ● Reproduced in 7 inches · size faithfully original to the "22 sided face jacket" (design: Tadanori Yokoo) which was also certified for Guinness world record ● Color · portrait of original LP enclosure , Irregular size · liner notes, the first edition Reprint ● First tour to Japan tour tour · Resizing of brochures Reprinted ● Resized tickets for the Osaka performance on July 4 ● Luxury separate booklet: Legend of Lotus by Carlos Santana / Music that followed the pattern of the first visit "Music · Life" cover feature (August issue of 1973) / 73 years secret photo / new commentary (Hideto Isoda, Tomio Suzuki et al.) / Testimonies "(Tadanori Yokoo, Teruhisa Tajima et al.) / Original Liner Notes (Matsumoto Katsuo) in 1974 ● 7-inch paper jacket specifications ● 2017 DSD remaster board (DSD 11.2 MHz remastering)
Google Translate for Business:Translator ToolkitWebsite TranslatorGlobal Market Finder

Imho it would be a big digital dowload sale if they released the stereo/quad mixes in DSD256 format.

It's going to cost a small fortune when it arrives, as in the UK on top of the Import Duty there will be the Tax Collecting charge of the courier, so I think its going to be a bit over £100/$122 when mine arrives :(

....but I want to encourage them to release more from the Quad Vaults! ....... and I bought the AF SQ encoded version :confused:

It's going to cost a small fortune when it arrives, as in the UK on top of the Import Duty there will be the Tax Collecting charge of the courier, so I think its going to be a bit over £100/$122 when mine arrives :(

....but I want to encourage them to release more from the Quad Vaults! ....... and I bought the AF SQ encoded version :confused:

Hey Duncan,

I'm not sure if you know, but I just checked what the charges would be to the UK from Amazon.co.jp, and I got this:

Items: GBP 59.71
Shipping & Handling: GBP 7.84
Import Fees Deposit GBP 13.51
Order Total: GBP 81.06

I believe parcels to the UK would still be sent via DHL Express. Would that make it a bit cheaper, given the automatic import fees deposit from Amazon Japan?

Back