Santana Lotus: Complete Edition in SACD Surround Sound and DSD 256 Stereo Download

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The inclusion of images representing Abraxas and Caravanserai is logical because the bulk of the music they played on Lotus comes from those albums.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Order Update: We Shipped Your Order Today:

Santana/Lotus [Cardboard Sleeve (mini LP)] Complete Edition - HYBRID 4.0 - [Limited Release]Complete Edition - HYBRID 4.0 - [Limited Release]
SACD
:51banana:

Yes, the Santana Lotus Complete Edition Surround SACDs are on their way!

Cover.jpg

Lotus Legend: Live In Japan has arrived on SACD Surround Sound disc.

Finally a chance to hear the legendary Lotus concert in 4 Channel Discrete Surround Sound.
Along with a very thick and photo packed 3 SACD package.

Another fine job from the team at Sony Japan.
They definitely have brought the live concert experience to the home.

A Big Thumbs up!

Attachments

• IMG_2917.jpg
    IMG_2917.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 275
  • IMG_2918.jpg
    IMG_2918.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 270
  • IMG_2919.jpg
    IMG_2919.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_2923.jpg
    IMG_2923.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_2924.jpg
    IMG_2924.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 281
  • IMG_2929.jpg
    IMG_2929.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 279
  • IMG_2932.jpg
    IMG_2932.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 278
I know detailed reviews will come in eventually but I'm really curious as to whether the mix is actually 4-corner discrete (like the other Santana quads) or a concert-hall like ambient presentation. I heard the SQ LP doesn't have much separation in other threads so can anyone definitively comment on what the discrete mix is actually like?

View attachment 29099

Lotus Legend: Live In Japan has arrived on SACD Surround Sound disc.

Finally a chance to hear the legendary Lotus concert in 4 Channel Discrete Surround Sound.
Along with a very thick and photo packed 3 SACD package.

Another fine job from the team at Sony Japan.
They definitely have brought the live concert experience to the home.

A Big Thumbs up!

Drumroll Brian.....so is it really DISCRETE?

Wonder if SONY will likewise record Santana's 2017 Transmogrify Tour in Japan [4 dates] in surround for an eventual multichannel SACD release....or a UHD 4K Dolby Atmos extravaganza?

I know detailed reviews will come in eventually but I'm really curious as to whether the mix is actually 4-corner discrete (like the other Santana quads) or a concert-hall like ambient presentation. I heard the SQ LP doesn't have much separation in other threads so can anyone definitively comment on what the discrete mix is actually like?

I'm wondering if it is an SQ decode we have been served up here on the four channels?

I'm wondering if it is an SQ decode we have been served up here on the four channels?

It's definitely not an SQ decode.
It's from the original 4 Channel recording as Sony Japan said when they announced the Lotus Complete Edition Surround SACD.

Does anyone know where disc two is supposed to be? I just received my copy, and I have discs one and three, but I cannot find two. It looks like it's supposed to be slotted in behind the center panel, flanked by discs one and three, but there is nothing in that pocket. I have disassembled the packaging, but I still can't find it...

EDIT: Okay, it's really looking like I am missing disc two entirely. I really hope I don't have to pay to send this back to Amazon.co.jp.

Does anyone know where disc two is supposed to be? I just received my copy, and I have discs one and three, but I cannot find two. It looks like it's supposed to be slotted in behind the center panel, flanked by discs one and three, but there is nothing in that pocket. I have disassembled the packaging, but I still can't find it...

EDIT: Okay, it's really looking like I am missing disc two entirely. I really hope I don't have to pay to send this back to Amazon.co.jp.

There should be a disc package with one of the 3 SACDs under each tab of the album jacket.
If you inspect all of the tabs and are missing one of the SACDs, that is definitely time to contact the seller.

There should be a disc package with one of the 3 SACDs under each tab of the album jacket.
If you inspect all of the tabs and are missing one of the SACDs, that is definitely time to contact the seller.

Thanks. Now I just have to wait until 7:00 p.m. for their customer service to open. Crossing my fingers that it will go smoothly.

It's definitely not an SQ decode.
It's from the original 4 Channel recording as Sony Japan said when they announced the Lotus Complete Edition Surround SACD.

Well there has been conflicting information given in regards to this album. and the press release was a very rough translation into English. There was room for interpretation especially when Audio Fidelity was unable to acquire the 4-channel mixes after a hard search for them, being told that they don't exist other than in SQ format. Now all of a sudden they did have a 4-chan mix for use on an SACD.

I guess it's like Beck's "Wired" where there simply was not a usable quad master, until Japan wanted to release it. I'm seeing the pattern clearly now. I get it!

Well there has been conflicting information given in regards to this album. and the press release was a very rough translation into English. There was room for interpretation especially when Audio Fidelity was unable to acquire the 4-channel mixes after a hard search for them, being told that they don't exist other than in SQ format. Now all of a sudden they did have a 4-chan mix for use on an SACD.

I guess it's like Beck's "Wired" where there simply was not a usable quad master, until Japan wanted to release it. I'm seeing the pattern clearly now.

But think of the advantage of LOTUS being released as Discrete SACDs with an entire SACD disc [38 minutes] dedicated to tracks not included on the original SQ Vinyl release. That $70 price isn't so steep, after all.

I'm sure it was ultimately frustrating and somewhat embarrassing when AF couldn't locate those 4 track masters and AP couldn't locate those 4 tracks for WIRED but it all worked out in the end, although for me, I did buy the AF Stereo Lotus and the AP Stereo SACD of Wired, as well.

Hopefully, LOTUS portends future SANTANA QUAD SACD releases and IMO, no one does it better than the Japanese.

But I do understand your logic: The Games People Play.......and that won't end anytime too soon. The Music Industry has always been rife with DECEIT!

Okay, I was wrong about the time (it was 8:00 p.m.) but I've just had an online chat to receive a replacement and return my copy missing the second disc. The downside is I have to "pay" for the new order, but Amazon already refunded me the full amount of my first order, and the new order should hopefully ship shortly.

EDIT: Just to be clear, I do have to return the incomplete copy, but Amazon will cover the shipping costs back to them.

I'm just glad that this wasn't so limited that it was sold out on or before release date. Then I would have been in really hot water!

I hope nobody else is missing a disc. I know this has happened to others with other releases, but this is the first time I have ever experienced it. I wonder if they had to assemble these by hand because of the delicate and unique nature of the packaging?

Last edited:
Back