What have you received but haven't listened to yet?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Daniel John

So I see a thread called "What are you waiting on..". There's the "What are you listening to now" thread. But there's no thread for stuff you received but haven't had time to listen to. So I figure I should start one. My stuff has been piling up since Monday and I plan on having a major listen session on the weekend:

First up is, well, my first Japanese Mini LP SACD which many of you are familiar with: Jeff Beck - Wired. The packaging on this is just awesome. The Japanese really know how do it right. I've got Rough & Ready and Beck, Bogert & Appice in same format on the way. As well as Roxy Music - Avalon mini LP. Looking forward to those landing sometime this next week fromCDJapan.

IMG_0204.jpg

Another 70s classic:
IMG_0205.jpg

Some classical. Really loving these stereo and 3-channel SACDs from Living Stereo. They always sound great and are relatively inexpensive.
IMG_0207a.jpg

Tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many to mention :mad:@::yikes

Tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many to mention :mad:@::yikes

Hahaha! I really couldn't wait more than a week before I crack open that package and fire the audio...You must really be behind on your listening?

You guys will laugh. I'm literally staring at these packages that I've had for some time. I see them on the shelf...

Jethro Tull

Benefit
Aqualung
Stand UP

Herbie Hancock - Gershwin's World

Steve Hackett - Please Don't Touch

Those Tull's are so special and have so much content - I need to be in the mood to have several hours at a time. So, when I find that, I will unwrap them. :)

I am in the Snood boat! I went into major acquisition mode in 2012, and have since collected hundreds of titles. With surround there is no point in listening while you wander around the room, so to give each title its' due I wait for a time when I can at least sit still. This has resulted in a MAJOR backlog that may outlive me. But I keep plugging away!

I decided to Reply to this thread just for my own curiosity to assess what surround discs I've got piling up that are still in the shrink wrap:

Jethro Tull: Minstrel In The Gallery, A Passion play, Thick As A Brick, Warchild, Too Old To Rock n Roll; Stand Up
Pink Floyd: Endless River
The Who: Quadrophenia
Allman Bros: Idlewild South
Tom petty: Mojo
Love And Rockets: Seventh Dream
Talking Heads: Little Creatures; Remain in Light
Toy Matinee
Eric Clapton: Back Home
Primus: Sailing the seas of cheese
Barclay James harvest: Once again; Everyone Is everybody else
Switchfoot: Nothing Is Sound
Porcupine Tree: fear of a blank planet; the incident
Storm Corrosion
David crosby: If I could only remember my name
Loggins And messina: Full Sail
Yes: Tales from topographic Oceans
Birdsong at morning: A Slight departure
Magenta: Metamorphosis; The Twenty Seven Club; Seven
Earth Wind & fire: Head To the Sky
America: hearts
Laura Nyro: Eli...
Katatonia: the fall of Hearts
Anthony Phillips: sides
Mannheim Steamroller: Fresh Aire 8; Christmas celebration
The Collection
Stick Men: Deep
King Crimson: Thrak; Beat; Three of a Perfect Pair
Ayreon: The Theater Equation
Blackfield: IV; NYC
Jeff Beck group: rough and ready
Mike Oldfield: Return to Ommadawn
And that doesn't include all the ones I bought used without shrink wrap and still havn't listened to!

Holy shit! How did I get so behind? I'm always reluctant to play a surround disc unless I can completely focus on the entire album... great times ahead, though!:cool:

I am in the Snood boat! I went into major acquisition mode in 2012, and have since collected hundreds of titles. With surround there is no point in listening while you wander around the room, so to give each title its' due I wait for a time when I can at least sit still. This has resulted in a MAJOR backlog that may outlive me. But I keep plugging away!

Good point. Surround listening requires one's full attention. For me this usually means the weekends.

I decided to Reply to this thread just for my own curiosity to assess what surround discs I've got piling up that are still in the shrink wrap:

Jethro Tull: Minstrel In The Gallery, A Passion play, Thick As A Brick, Warchild, Too Old To Rock n Roll; Stand Up
Toy Matinee
Storm Corrosion
The Collection
And that doesn't include all the ones I bought used without shrink wrap and still havn't listened to!

Holy shit! How did I get so behind? I'm always reluctant to play a surround disc unless I can completely focus on the entire album... great times ahead, though!:cool:

Seriously? That's going to take several marathon listening sessions. :)

Off the top of my head,

Doors Perception Set
Stevie Ray Vaughan Texas Hurricane set
A bunch of King Crimson DVD-A's
3 Analogue Productions Blue Note SACD's
Most of the Norah Jones Box Set
Half dozen Audio Fidelity discs
Jethro Tull, Aqualung and Too Old to Rock'n'Roll

Toy Matinee
Storm Corrosion
The Collection

I'm impressed and had to smile.
Do you have plans to open a record store?

You guys will laugh. I'm literally staring at these packages that I've had for some time. I see them on the shelf...

Jethro Tull

Benefit
Aqualung
Stand UP

Herbie Hancock - Gershwin's World

Steve Hackett - Please Don't Touch

Those Tull's are so special and have so much content - I need to be in the mood to have several hours at a time. So, when I find that, I will unwrap them. :)

Looking forward to your review of Steve Hackett.

Toy Matinee
Storm Corrosion
The Collection

Based on my listening I would prioritize these:

Jethro Tull: Stand Up

I am not in any way saying the others on the list are unworthy, but I particularly enjoyed these!

Hope that helps!

I can most assuredly say that I have none awaiting a listen, and the majority of what has been listed in the prior posts I have obtained.
I make the time to listen to all new issues/re-issues I have purchased with the weekend my most prolific reviewing time.
A little Havana rum or a couple Guiness always pleasures my listening experience. :smokin

Yes-Tales From Topographic Oceans......XTC-Skylarking.......Peter Gabriel-Growing Up Live Bluray......King Crimson-On and Off The Road 5.1 mixes[part of the problem is when I try to play the DTS HD MA tracks on my blu ray player I get no sound[only audio on PCM].

Bon Jovi - "Slippery when Wet" and Bob Marley - "Legend" for sure.

There are probably a couple of others lying on the shelf that I have forgotten I purchased and didn't get around to playing yet.

Me, too!

There are things I have never listened to or watched that I've had for 7 + years, perhaps 100 + titles. Little or none of it is crap. Many are albums I have other copies of, although not all.

I've watched woefully few DVD's/Blu-Rays all the way through, whether they were part of a box set or individual items.

There are still some discs in CSNY 1974, Idlewild and Fillmore East boxes that haven't been played.

Still working on my Valentine present, 36 CD The 1966 Live Recordings - Bob Dylan. Half of it has the Band behind The Zim. I've listened to 19 of the CD's. It's not the biggest box in my collection. The 71 disc Complete Miles Davis on Columbia has that distinction. I've listened to that entire box.

If that's not enough, The super ultra 34 disc The Early Years - Pink Floyd has shipped and is due this afternoon.

Most of the dozen Vocalion CD's & SACD's I got a few weeks ago. Lots of Mancini twofers. A couple Belafonte twofers. I listened to most of the E. Power Biggs & Wagner 4.0 SACD's. How did I miss these in the Quad days?

I also listened to the Vocalion CD of Roosevelt Sykes' The Honeydripper and Face to Face with the Blues. Both Sykes albums were released in 2ch for the first time on this CD. Both albums are great! If you're a blues fan, check out Sykes.

I still haven't listened to Tower of Power Ain't Nothing Stopping Us Now 4.0 SACD. I do have a mint SQ, so I know what I'm in for. For six years, I had 40th Anniversary CD/DVD unopened. If you want only one TOP, the 40th is the one to have. I have played the CD perhaps a dozen times, even with my top down (car top, that is) a couple weeks ago in Chicago! Still need to look at the DVD. IF you're a TOP fan, be sure to catch them live. Last year, we saw/heard them at the Arcada in St. Charles, IL. Great!

You Got to Funkifize!

Back