This makes me a little angry. I think it will make others angry as well.

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Q-Eight

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
The world is full of scum bags, you could report it to fleebay but they don't really care

My experience of ebay is that they do nothing, and IIRC years ago them having a winge at being fined or slap wristed for something. However, if you contact Paul Simon's or Art Garfunkel's management or someone at the label then ebay pay attention when they contact them. To be honest I'm surprised that the companies don't make a small investment to pay someone to comb the sites.

Hopefully the punters will stay away from his auctions as he's pissing in his own soup with all the negative feedback he's been gathering.

Cheats and knockoffs exsist. The issue is hiow to prosecute the offender if in another country that is not friendly to the US?
The web shows how these scummers get away with everything. The absolute worst of things, scummy shit-so it's the olds phrase-"BUYER BEWARE!"

I propose we all start using ebay to message him with doubts. Start a movement to make him aware.
Especially since he is using names on the cd from our squad. ( small print) check it
It says it is an sacd on the disc. DTS in the add. An obvious homemade disc.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Simon-Garfu...516188?hash=item2a7cdd7b1c:g:CxgAAOSw2gxYwfr1

Looks like somebody is asking real money for other peoples' work that they did simply for the joy of doing it.
Not to mention I think this could attract undue attention and possibly get people in hot water.

Thing is.... how do you report this as? Copyright infringement? Intellectual property?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Simon-Garfu...516188?hash=item2a7cdd7b1c:g:CxgAAOSw2gxYwfr1

Looks like somebody is asking real money for other peoples' work that they did simply for the joy of doing it.
Not to mention I think this could attract undue attention and possibly get people in hot water.

Thing is.... how do you report this as? Copyright infringement? Intellectual property?

Ebay is a safe haven for bootleggers at present. And FAR more with bootleg tech than music! (Counterfeit phone batteries and laptop chargers that are pure garbage and so forth.)

How to battle this?
Exactly how many of us are right now. Join the trading forums for your favorite bands to share out of print and live recordings that said bands choose not to sell and just let their audience trade. The more fans find out about that, the less sales these clowns make on Ebay!

And to anyone in the industry:
The thing where you release reduced quality copies and inflate the price of editions including the surround mix and HD quality formats? Maybe don't be so shockingly greedy and you won't have people bootlegging you!

Anybody have Paul Simon's or Art Garfunkel's management contact?

It's very easy...let them know this is being sold and they will MAKE FLEABAY withdraw this ASAP or a really nice lawsuit will ensue...

"....Especially since he is using names on the cd from our squad. ( small print) check it"....

THAT is exactly what gets my goat. I would HATE for this to somehow fall back on our community and get one of our own in trouble because some mook is trying to profit off of what was originally done not for profit and simply for the love of Quad and the music.

In my mind, Bootlegging is fair game when the source/music/format is no longer commercially available. But trying to profit off of somebody elses' hard work and potentially putting us all in the shit is what boils my potatoes.

Anywho, I reported it. Will see if anything comes of it.

Geez that is one crappy design paste over WOW!!!!:mad:@:

Snood went thru his full listings and this one is the only thingy like it me saw......could be wrong

Prices on most of his stuff are way above the norm :yikes

Last edited:
Ha, Prefabfan, I know this jerk well, not really know him personally but as many of you know I am an avid upmixer, and in the old days of the D he went after me and others hard for being into the hobby. He would regularly troll any posting that had anything to do with upmixing. I'm sure DKA also remembers that douche very well. He liked to start some shit and then run away. Haven't seen that handle for years, I backed him into a corner once and never heard from him again. It comes as no surprise to me to see someone of his caliber trying to sell somebody's quad conversion. Sad actually.

"This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing."

Well. That's one way to put it.

Along the same lines, there's a current seller from the Russian Federation selling many fake/home-made 10-inch, 15 ips, open reel recordings that never existed, such as Dark Side of the Moon, Momentary Lapse of Reason, and many other bands including Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, The Police...

And the thing is that people are foolish enough to be buying these things at about $100 a piece.

Back