Alan Parsons confirmed the Eye In The Sky MCH mix!!!!! :) :)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Don Luciano

From an answered Q&A on Facebook:
Hello Javier Huerta. Javier asked if I would ever consider remastering my entire collection in 5.1. A - Sorry to hear you don't like the recent remasters. IMHO, vinyl still seems to be the reigning master when playing music. Top end was added to the remasters to match current trends. There was no compression other than brick wall compression on extreme peaks. We are working on Eye In The Sky in 5.1 for a release in a box set later this year.
:yikes:yikes:yikes:yikes:banana::banana::banana::banana::mad:@::mad:@::mad:@::mad:@:(y)

From an answered Q&A on Facebook:
Hello Javier Huerta. Javier asked if I would ever consider remastering my entire collection in 5.1. A - Sorry to hear you don't like the recent remasters. IMHO, vinyl still seems to be the reigning master when playing music. Top end was added to the remasters to match current trends. There was no compression other than brick wall compression on extreme peaks. We are working on Eye In The Sky in 5.1 for a release in a box set later this year.
:yikes:yikes:yikes:yikes:banana::banana::banana::banana::mad:@::mad:@::mad:@::mad:@:(y)

Great news.! Thanks, for this info. :smokin

Keep 'em coming Alan. (y)

:yikes

I would SO be all over this one. Seriously! Box set? Yeah, if I have to....unless they also do a single release on blu like with the past release. :)

This is seriously some of the best news to wake up to!
"Eye in the Sky" is one of APP's best albums, so to hear it in 5.1 surround really will be a dream come true!
I'm salivating right now just thinking about how good the mix can sound on tracks like "Silence & I" and "Old & Wise".

I'm sure not everyone will be thrilled if it's just released as part of a box set (and I do hope a single release is on everyone's agenda) but the quality of the "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" set really did meet and surpass any expectations I had (except for the inclusion of pesky vinyl…) so if an "Eye in the Sky" box set meets similar standards for quality, I'm all in!

:)

PS: I also asked Alan a similar question about 5.1 mixes on his Facebook page, so I'm glad he responded in one way or another.

This is great news and hopefully they learned from previous release that it's worth it to produce the boxset and a stand alone BR as win/win, those that love getting it all in the boxset have that option and for those like me a stand alone would suffice.

This is great news and hopefully they learned from previous release that it's worth it to produce the boxset and a stand alone BR as win/win, those that love getting it all in the boxset have that option and for those like me a stand alone would suffice.

You are so right!

Just last night I was listening to an upmix of this album and praying to the gods of surround for a discrete mix. You can all thank me now.;)

Good news!

I suspect this means there are no licensing issues that would stand in the way of any of the earlier albums from eventually getting the same treatment?

"I Robot", "Pyramid" and "Turn of a Friendly Card" are must-haves!

This is great news! Had he lived long enough, I am sure Einstein would have backed my theory that anticipation actually slows down time. I think this hobby is extending my life....

Good news!

I suspect this means there are no licensing issues that would stand in the way of any of the earlier albums from eventually getting the same treatment?

"I Robot", "Pyramid" and "Turn of a Friendly Card" are must-haves!

With the exception of "Tales of Mystery and Imagination", all of the APP recordings are owned by Sony & Arista, including "Eye in the Sky".
Assuming that the "Eye in the Sky" box set is released through Sony/Arista (in cooperation with Alan Parsons and the Woolfson estate) it looks like they are using the album's anniversary and reissue as an opportunity to try out the inclusion of 5.1 surround for this release. If any more albums are mixed in 5.1 surround, that will probably depend on tape availability, sales of this EITS reissue, and the willingness of all parties to continue on with other albums in the catalogue.
Hope Springs Eternal! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eye In The Sky almost sounds discreet when faking it to 7.1 in DPLIIx. Can you imagine what it will sound like in true discreet 5.1? Happy! Happy! Joy! Joy! :banana::banana::banana:

Great news , in spite of it being an early digital recording....

I don't care if it's upsampled 44/16...this LP has a place in my SOUL!!!!

A great sounding album is a great sounding album no matter whether it's Analog, Digital, 44/16 or DSD.

This will be one I'll play the bits off.

And hopefully, like TALES, Eye In The Sky will be released as a stand alone BD~A. GREAT album and like Simon A sez......it should sound brilliant despite it's humble 16 bit origins in the extremely capable remixing guru AP's hands!:banana:

Great news , in spite of it being an early digital recording....

I don't care if it's upsampled 44/16...this LP has a place in my SOUL!!!!

Actually, "Eye in the Sky" was recorded on multitrack analogue tape and then mixed to digital tape.
So in order to mix the album in 5.1, Alan Parsons will have to go back to the multitrack tape, and since it is analogue, that should mean no digital cutoff on the new 5.1 mix! :)

If this is given the same high quality treatment as TOMAI was, it will be awesome. Even more so if it is offered as a stand alone BRD. It seems like AP is very fond of his vinyl, but I hope the success of TOMAI compels him and SONY to offer this release in the same formats.

I gotta say, I'm not 100% confident that a single Blu-Ray disc edition of "Eye in the Sky" will materialize, because unlike Universal, there is no precedent in place for Sony releasing Blu-Ray audio discs on their own.
If anything, besides the aforementioned box set, I would expect a CD/Blu-Ray release similar to the CD/Blu-Ray edition of "Amused to Death" released two years ago.

Either way as long as there's an alternative to an expensive box set, I don't think anyone can complain about that. :)

I gotta say, I'm not 100% confident that a single Blu-Ray disc edition of "Eye in the Sky" will materialize, because unlike Universal, there is no precedent in place for Sony releasing Blu-Ray audio discs on their own.
If anything, besides the aforementioned box set, I would expect a CD/Blu-Ray release similar to the CD/Blu-Ray edition of "Amused to Death" released two years ago.

Either way as long as there's an alternative to an expensive box set, I don't think anyone can complain about that. :)

Agreed. A CD/Blu-Ray edition would be more than acceptable.

As with TALES, it was through Alan Parson's intervention that a stand alone BD~A materialized so I'm hoping that the same effort will take effect with EYE. No offense, but I really ONLY want the 5.1 remix and could do without the extras. As an alternative, perhaps SONY may even have Analogue Productions release a hybrid SACD 5.1.

Back