Alan Parsons confirmed the Eye In The Sky MCH mix!!!!! :) :)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or a CD/Blu-Ray edition.
However, there's still the differing record labels factor to take into account.
So just because Universal did things one way for "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" does not mean that Sony/Arista will take the same approach for "Eye in the Sky", even if Alan Parsons may try to get them to adopt certain format strategies for this reissue.

True, but you might recall, rt, that when Steve Wilson remixed the first few EL&P albums into 5.1 Surround, SONY, who NEVER released any albums in MLP DVD~A, relented [as per Wilson's bequest] and released them in DVD~A as opposed to their original intent as DVD~Vs [DTS/DD 5.1].

So, here's hoping!

EITS and Ammonia Avenue were analog recordings, digitally downmixed to stereo (AFAIK) (as many albums at the time, like Billy Joel's The Nylon Curtain). If you pay close attention to the most recent video in Facebook, you can hear Alan saying that the MCH mix is being done from the ANALOG multitracks :banana::mad:@::mad:@::mad:@::mad:@:
He should remix the whole thing in stereo as well, leading to a hi-res version that surely will beat out the greatest sounding version of the album yet: the awesome but eerie Classic Records DVD-A (the copy I own has the slow ending at Silence And I :rolleyes:), whose source is a tape, recorded from the PCM 1610 downmix (harshness from time to time, specially at the most intense moments, the signature 20 kHz cut) right as any analog/digital release available now.

So sad that Eric is gone , although in the later years they had separated...his voice was THE voice of the APP...
Well, to me APP was a multi-voiced group. I agree that Eric's voice was unique but we cannot forget about all the other great vocalists: Lenny Zakatek being the first one that comes up to my mind right now

Any news update on this?

Remember, there's a lot of work that goes into making a good surround mix. It is very time consuming. That's including, but not limited to, everyone that is involved in a release, schedules have to correlate to get it done.

On that note. Hopefully, if we are lucky, we should see one release per year. Similar to XTC...LOL

I love Pyramid and Eve too, but sadly those will probably be the last ones they do. Eve may come before Pyramid as it has a hit song - Damned if I Do - that might help sell it.

If they want to go with their most commercial album next (after "Eye in the Sky") they will go with "I, Robot".
However, if they continue with the anniversary trend, then next year's release has to be "Pyramid".

:)

Back