Alan Parsons confirmed the Eye In The Sky MCH mix!!!!! :) :)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of all the music the Saints could choose to represent their run on to the field, they choose something from the Alan Parsons Project!

Radio Netherlands used "Lucifer" for one of the programs on their English broadcasts, I think the name of the show was "Newsline", but it's been many years and I could be wrong.

Sadly, RN gave up English programming entirely several years ago.

Did you ever get the opportunity to compare it to the stereo DVD-A version? Just wondering if there is an appreciable difference.

Regarding I Robot, no I haven't heard the DVD-A. I wasn't even aware it existed. I was out of the QQ loop until a few months ago though. I still haven't quite caught up with what I've missed!

Well for the longest time, the Saints have used "Sirius" as their run on to the field music, but it wasn't until last year that I discovered that it was an Alan Parsons Project song leading into "Eye in the Sky" (which I already knew), and I thought how cool and weird is that?!
Of all the music the Saints could choose to represent their run on to the field, they choose something from the Alan Parsons Project!

:)

I've heard it on TV several times. I recall a few years back that the NBA finals or playoffs or something used Sirius as the lead-in for the TV coverage. Or maybe it was playing in the arena. Can't remember. But for a while there it was used quite a bit for various sports events.

Great news on the MCH release of "Eye in the Sky." Although "Pyramid" is still my favorite APP album, I'll look forward to listening to "Silence and I" in MCH. According to Andrew Powell, "Silence and I" used the largest orchestra of any APP track - over 100 performers including no less than 20 1st violins!

According to Andrew Powell, "Silence and I" used the largest orchestra of any APP track - over 100 performers including no less than 20 1st violins!

I love how huge it sound too. That'll be such a treat to finally hear in Multichannel. :)

From an answered Q&A on Facebook:
Hello Javier Huerta. Javier asked if I would ever consider remastering my entire collection in 5.1. A - Sorry to hear you don't like the recent remasters. IMHO, vinyl still seems to be the reigning master when playing music. Top end was added to the remasters to match current trends. There was no compression other than brick wall compression on extreme peaks. We are working on Eye In The Sky in 5.1 for a release in a box set later this year.
:yikes:yikes:yikes:yikes:banana::banana::banana::banana::mad:@::mad:@::mad:@::mad:@:(y)

Me wants very bad!!!!!!!!!!!!

DAY 1

Regards,

Deffo I Robot by a long way, then Tales, then Pyramid, then Try Anything Once, then the rest I couldn't put in order... I like them all but those listed way more than anything else! :)

I'll probably buy any APP multichannel that gets released (if in single BluRay edition (except I Robot, I'd buy *any* version of that! ;) )), if nothing more than to encourage the continuation of releasing all of the APP catalogue (but all would get a good listen! :) )

Fingers crossed! :)

Deffo I Robot by a long way, then Tales, then Pyramid, then Try Anything Once, then the rest I couldn't put in order... I like them all but those listed way more than anything else! :)

I'll probably buy any APP multichannel that gets released (if in single BluRay edition (except I Robot, I'd buy *any* version of that! ;) )), if nothing more than to encourage the continuation of releasing all of the APP catalogue (but all would get a good listen! :) )

Fingers crossed! :)

I certainly hope that they continue the anniversary reissue series with "Pyramid" next year for its 40th anniversary. It's the only one that qualifies in the anniversary department next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I guess I'm the only one who has no interest in Eye In The Sky. I never cared for that one, or Friendly Card. I LOVE Eve, which nobody ever mentions. Everything after Eve has no appeal to me. I only like his first 4 albums. Is there anybody out there...anyone at all...who agrees even just a little bit??.

I love Tales of Mystery & I Robot. After those my interest drops off rapidly (although not completely). Personally, my ideal would be a single surround release of the Instrumental Works collection, although several important tracks are omitted (Hyper-Gamma-Spaces being the most egregious).

I love Tales of Mystery & I Robot. After those my interest drops off rapidly (although not completely). Personally, my ideal would be a single surround release of the Instrumental Works collection, although several important tracks are omitted (Hyper-Gamma-Spaces being the most egregious).

Maybe one day if enough APP albums get released in surround sound, you could make your own collection.

I'll take any and all APP in 5.1 (or quad ).

That being said my preference or highlight disc would be "I Robot ", great usage of electronics , and (Adam-Frederico bluesy) would luv the Disco type presentation . (y)

Thinking bout u fredums , get up and dance ! :cool:

It seems that I returned to these forums in the right moment. In two days I found out about Songs from the Wood (preordered), Misplaced Childhood and now Eye in the Sky. I'm so happy!

As far as the rest of APP production is concerned, after the stellar BluRay for Tales of Mystery and Imagination, I would really love for I, Robot and Turn of a Friendly Card to follow Eye in the Sky. Icing on the cake would be having Pyramid and Eve too.
One can always dream, after all. :)

It seems that I returned to these forums in the right moment. In two days I found out about Songs from the Wood (preordered), Misplaced Childhood and now Eye in the Sky. I'm so happy!

As far as the rest of APP production is concerned, after the stellar BluRay for Tales of Mystery and Imagination, I would really love for I, Robot and Turn of a Friendly Card to follow Eye in the Sky. Icing on the cake would be having Pyramid and Eve too.
One can always dream, after all. :)

Welcome back :)

I wonder how much the stand alone "Tales of Mystery..." bluray is selling, hopefully enough to make another stand alone run with Eye in the Sky!

I wonder how much the stand alone "Tales of Mystery..." bluray is selling, hopefully enough to make another stand alone run with Eye in the Sky!

Or a CD/Blu-Ray edition.
However, there's still the differing record labels factor to take into account.
So just because Universal did things one way for "Tales of Mystery and Imagination" does not mean that Sony/Arista will take the same approach for "Eye in the Sky", even if Alan Parsons may try to get them to adopt certain format strategies for this reissue.

Anyway, I should point out that Alan has been live streaming the 5.1 mixing of "Eye in the Sky" on his Facebook page, and those videos are still up for all of you to watch!
(It won't sound that good, cause it's just the mono webcam audio, but still, this is confirmation that it is being mixed in surround sound as we speak!)

Back